No announcement yet.

2006 Game Reviews and Score Recaps.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, we know that Barrett still sucks defensively, D. Lee and Aramis still have major power, Glendon and Jerome still cant pitch effectively, and that Jacques needs to start hitting.

Comment

Originally posted by rockin500
      Well, we know that Barrett still sucks defensively, D. Lee and Aramis still have major power, Glendon and Jerome still cant pitch effectively, and that Jacques needs to start hitting.
      Yea I said that Jerome wasnt a good pitcher and then got criticized last year. Nice to see DLee and Ram-Ram get homers.
      "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
      -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
      -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Comment

What he can do is try to get Ramon Hernandez in a three way trade opening up a spot for Javy to catch.
        Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

Comment

Tough loss for the cubbies, well atleast Lee and A-ram maintained power, I expect 35-45 homers out of both of them and maybe an MVP by Lee.

Comment

Originally posted by HankAaron86
            What he can do is try to get Ramon Hernandez in a three way trade opening up a spot for Javy to catch.
            wha?

they signed ramon to the big deal, if anyone's traded-it's javy...no thank you

Comment

If Murton can hit above .280 and take 20-25 yard than it will be a great year for the Ginger Child. As for Pierre, he did what he does best, slap the ball and run. He had a few encounters in the centerfield that were ghastly, but not as bad as Dunn in Left and he proved on several occasions that he has a girl's arm.
              What were those "ghastly encounters"? I must've missed them.
              Dunn's defense was completely embarrassing.
              beware of the censorship police

Comment

Well, we know that Barrett still sucks defensively...
                But his goal is to win a gold glove...
                Is Barrett's contract up after this year? He needs to hit .300 and drive in 100 runs if he's going to be such a dope behind the plate.

Comment

so, no one takes into account the past ball appeared to be williams not paying attention to the signal change w/ a guy on second

i did not see the play later throwing to second but from how it was described to me hairston should've stopped it from going to the outfield as it was-holding freel to second

Comment

The throw was horrible, very wide to the right of the bag and Hairston had no chance at stopping it. Later, when Cedeno fudged on holding Freel at 3rd, Lee's throw home was pointless because Barrett was 2-3 feet in front of home plate toward 1st base.

Comment

Ouch!! Good thing I didn't see the game.

Comment

Originally posted by burger eater
                        The throw was horrible, very wide to the right of the bag and Hairston had no chance at stopping it. Later, when Cedeno fudged on holding Freel at 3rd, Lee's throw home was pointless because Barrett was 2-3 feet in front of home plate toward 1st base.
                        maybe if hariston came off the bag he would've had a chance, he tried to hard to stay on the bag while going after the ball

Comment

it didnt matter

Honestly, I don't think it mattered that they gave up that run. They didn't get a run in the bottom of the ninth anyway so why does it matter aside from the fact that a solo homerun would have tied the game 7-7.
                          Can you say S O R I A N O !!!

Comment

Cubs Win!

What a way to start off the series with the Cards. It was a great game altogether. I don't get it though. did Dempster get the save because Bob Brenly said he didn't have a save opportunity.
                            Last edited by ZR56664; 04-07-2006, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ZR56664
                              What a way to start off the series with the Cards. It was a great game altogether. I don't get it though. did Dempster get the save because Steve Stone said he didn't have a save opportunity.
                              nope the 4 run lead kept it from being a save..

MLB rule for saves...
                              Saves:
                              Rule 10.20 in the Official Rule Book states:
                              Credit a pitcher with a save when he meets all three of the following conditions:
                              (1) He is the finishing pitcher in a game won by his club; and
                              (2) He is not the winning pitcher; and
                              (3) He qualifies under one of the following conditions:
                              - (a) He enters the game with a lead of no more than three runs and pitches for at least one inning; or
                              - (b) He enters the game, regardless of the count, with the potential tying run either on base, or at bat, or on deck (that is, the potential tying run is either already on base or is one of the first two batsmen he faces; or
                              - (c) He pitches effectively for at least three innings. No more than one save may be credited in each game.
                              BELIEVE

Comment

thanks

thanks. they made an error on WGN. the box score said he got the save.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X