2006 Game Reviews and Score Recaps.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonights the night!
    Tonights the night the Cubs turn it around and start winning. I don't know why I just feel it. Time to start a winning streak.
    Can you say S O R I A N O !!!

Comment

• nice to know that jim joyce the umpire at 3rd doesnt know how to interpret the freakin rule book.

Comment

• zambrano has his 6th career homer now.

Comment

• Why is Dempster all of a sudden the Dumpster again? Why does he suck again?This is really pissing me off.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZR56664
            Why is Dempster all of a sudden the Dumpster again? Why does he suck again?This is really pissing me off.
            he is not playing short stop...

should he have went to 3rd no way... but still ronny did not get the job done either...

ARGH
            BELIEVE

Comment

• Originally posted by ZR56664
              Why is Dempster all of a sudden the Dumpster again? Why does he suck again?This is really pissing me off.
              Not pitching will do that to you. Believe it or not, a pitcher has to pitch to be effective.

Comment

• Originally posted by otis89
                Not pitching will do that to you. Believe it or not, a pitcher has to pitch to be effective.
                actually, not pitching in pressure situations for two weeks will do that to a person. granted, he should pitch every coupla days, but if you dont have a lead (or have a huge lead) its hard to create that situation.

Comment

• Then why couldn't they put scott eyre in and let Dempster pitch the next time they are down by 5 runs? odds are they will be down by at least 5 sometime very soon.

Comment

• One strike away from beating the Sox in Game 2. One strike, but Dempster blows it. So many chances, the ground ball up the middle that both Dempster and Cedeno could have snagged. Dusty knew Dempster was on a cold streak, blowing 80% of his last 5 chances, why wouldn't he pitch someone else in the ninth?

Comment

• Originally posted by Spieluhr
                      One strike away from beating the Sox in Game 2. One strike, but Dempster blows it. So many chances, the ground ball up the middle that both Dempster and Cedeno could have snagged. Dusty knew Dempster was on a cold streak, blowing 80% of his last 5 chances, why wouldn't he pitch someone else in the ninth?
                      would you rather have ohman or williamson pitching in the ninth? since howry and eyre were both used earlier, those are the only two short relievers available to get the save? they are two pitchers who arent well known for keeping leads. unless you want to use Novoa, a middle reliever (or long relief, more typically) and even there, i would rather have the other two (will/scottie) over novoa.

Comment

• I think they are going to put Eyre into the closer role because it is starting to get annoying blowing so many leads late in ball games

Comment

• Wow. The Cubs actually won a game. That usually happens when you're crushing the ball out of the park every other at-bat. Heck. Pagan even hit 2 home runs!

Comment

• Originally posted by otis89
                            Wow. The Cubs actually won a game. That usually happens when you're crushing the ball out of the park every other at-bat. Heck. Pagan even hit 2 home runs!
                            Cubs needed every run they could get because the sox were crushing the ball pretty well themselves.

Comment

• Now it would be nice if we could get half of those runs tomorrow against Clemens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spieluhr
                                Now it would be nice if we could get half of those runs tomorrow against Clemens.
                                well, the astros dont score when clemens pitches so who knows.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X