No announcement yet.

2006 Game Reviews and Score Recaps.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The inevitable kick in the crotch today after an outstanding opening weekend. Rusch couldn't keep the ball in the park and the Cubs made rock-star Arroyo look better than he is...
    beware of the censorship police

Comment

I hope Maddux has another great performance today. He was awesome against the Cards on Friday.
      "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
      -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
      -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Comment

Originally posted by Cubsfan97
        I hope Maddux has another great performance today. He was awesome against the Cards on Friday.
        Ask and ye shall receive.

6 IP 3 H 2 BB 1 R 7 K

Comment

Originally posted by otis89
          Ask and ye shall receive.

6 IP 3 H 2 BB 1 R 7 K
          YES! very nice game for the folks from the northside..

the Reds?

yea well not as good..
          hehe when you have more errors than hits... it makes for a long day.
          BELIEVE

Comment

One of my writers will be making the game tomorrow.

If you see a guy with "CubsHub" shirt on, tell him I said hello!

BELIEVE

Comment

Sloppy game

I thought it was played very poorly by both sides. The cubs didn't run the bases well today. They had a lot of help from the Reds infield. The cubbies still came out with the win though. Were 5-2. So far so good.
              Can you say S O R I A N O !!!

Comment

Originally posted by ZR56664
                I thought it was played very poorly by both sides. The cubs didn't run the bases well today. They had a lot of help from the Reds infield. The cubbies still came out with the win though. Were 5-2. So far so good.
                Well the young guys made some mental running errors no doubt.

that is going to happen...

Then the 2 times DLee got picked off, one the second one.. was without a doubt a missed hit and run sign... and the first one was a bummed out 1st and 3rd double steal that got spoiled with a pick off move...

2 Derrek/Juan double steals were fun to see.. it has been a while since I saw the last one.... but 2 in one game?

that was neat to see..

and what a block on first base on ronny when he tried to go back to first... nicely done there..

all and all? this was not the best looking game.. but Greg looked GREAT! as did the pen...

Last year I offered $1 per each save that dempster got..

it started off as a joke because I did not think he would get many... (some might remember I also offered $1 for every walk that Corey got.. HAHAHA)

But this season, I dont think I can afford the $1 per save cover charge.

So I will come up with another one...

hmz.. $1 for every player who makes it the entire season without going onto the DL?

hehe
                BELIEVE

Comment

nice to know that greg is our best pitcher so far.

you cant have those kind of mental errors from our rooks. (though a tad more forgivable than moises when he had all of his). i expect better of them! grrrr

Comment

Maddux did pitch great.

Maddux pitched great and the defense was great. Angel Pagans catch at the wall in the 9th was cool. I thought it was gone. Any way they can win is great even if they have to rally in the ninth. They are really looking good so far. What do you think of Angel Pagan?
                    Can you say S O R I A N O !!!

Comment

don't expect too much, amazing speed...poor plate patience...about a 130/50 K/BB guy if he ever did play a full season, great defense and no power

Comment

For the 4-13-2006 game at Wrigley against the Reds: I hope the Cubs never ever play this lineup again.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Dak
                          For the 4-13-2006 game at Wrigley against the Reds: I hope the Cubs never ever play this lineup again.
                          NO KIDDING!
                          WOW..

J. Pierre, CF
                          J. Hairston Jr., 2B
                          D. Lee, 1B
                          M. Murton, LF
                          A. Pagan, RF
                          R. Cedeno, SS
                          N. Perez, 3B
                          H. Blanco, C
                          C. Zambrano, P
                          BELIEVE

Comment

wow howd that lineup come about?
                            "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
                            -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
                            -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Comment

Originally posted by Cubsfan97
                              wow howd that lineup come about?
                              Jones... hurt... out for the weekend..
                              Aramis... hurt... out for another game or so..
                              Barrett... day off... even though he has been hot, like Bob said.. you got to stick to the plan..
                              and Walker did not match up against Milton... I guess... not too sure on that one.. so Hairston was put in there.

so yea this will... I hope... be the weakest lineup we run out there..

Pagan is not bad... but Jones at good health is still better..
                              Aramis compared to Perez... no need to compare.
                              Blanco to Barrett... See above.
                              Hairston to Walker... Hairston is faster but I still pick Walker in the head to head matchup.
                              BELIEVE

Comment

What's the Cubs all-time record vs. the Reds? Is this a recent thing, or have we always done horrible against them?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X