Jones' struggles in Chicago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jones' struggles in Chicago

OF Jacque Jones is 0-12 in his first 12 At-Bats , how do you explain this , adaptation to Wrigley ???

Originally posted by whosyourpapi
    OF Jacque Jones is 0-12 in his first 12 At-Bats , how do you explain this , adaptation to Wrigley ???
    he's trying so hard and you can tell, he's not showing any problems in the field really, and when he gets the bat on the ball he's hitting the ball fairly hard, he's just not finding the holes...also it looks like he may still have that pull mentality when he needs to think opposite field...i'm only concerned bc i want that first hit out of the way

Comment

Redwhitenblue, we must be seeing two different Jacque Jones. The one I'm seeing is taking very bad swings at balls he shouldn't even be swinging at in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by otis89
        Redwhitenblue, we must be seeing two different Jacque Jones. The one I'm seeing is taking very bad swings at balls he shouldn't even be swinging at in the first place.
        no, i think we're seeing it the same, when i see him though he's trying to focus-maybe TOO much-but i'm saying it's good that he hasn't let it effect his defense...his best swing is to the opposite field and right now pitchers are feeding him inside sliders that he's biting on...i think once he gets that first hit out of the way the pressure will come off...he's going to K 100+ times, he's going to swing at some ugly pitches, but every team has a guy who does that, and this year he's ours, but you can be damn sure he'll end up putting a better AVG/OBP than patterson will

Comment

Originally posted by redwhitenblue
          no, i think we're seeing it the same, when i see him though he's trying to focus-maybe TOO much-but i'm saying it's good that he hasn't let it effect his defense...his best swing is to the opposite field and right now pitchers are feeding him inside sliders that he's biting on...i think once he gets that first hit out of the way the pressure will come off...he's going to K 100+ times, he's going to swing at some ugly pitches, but every team has a guy who does that, and this year he's ours, but you can be damn sure he'll end up putting a better AVG/OBP than patterson will
          Well first , he has to get his 1st Hit .

Comment

Originally posted by otis89
            hes not doing great, at all. still. he could be worse. I didnt expect him to be like GREAT right off the bat, (i did expect him to be a bit beter) but hey the cubs are 3-1, and thats great!

Comment

Originally posted by rockin500
              hes not doing great, at all. still. he could be worse. I didnt expect him to be like GREAT right off the bat, (i did expect him to be a bit beter) but hey the cubs are 3-1, and thats great!
              Yea I agree, he did K in the first inning when runners were in scoring position.

But so did Aramis....

he will come around. just give him time..

I hated to hear the boo birds out already on this guy... it is a shame, we are 3-1 as rockin500 said, and we boo the new guy who has gotten off to a bad start...
              BELIEVE

Comment

Hopefully he will do fine. I hope he becomes a star like he used to be.
                "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
                -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
                -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Comment

I didn't think much of Jones when he got signed, and his performance hasn't done anything to change that.

But it is way too early to be getting on him already.
                  Jerseys hanging in my den : Santo, Jenkins, Williams, Banks, Grace, Sandberg, Dawson, Eckersley, Sutcliffe, Wood, Prior, Zambrano, Lee

Oddly enough, I never bought a Sosa jersey, even during his best years.

Comment

Jones is usually a fast starter in April, last year he started off hitting .353/.471/.603/1.074. In April of 2004, he posted .329/.380/.553/.933. For his career in April, he's a .301/.352/.475/.827 hitter, his second best month behind only July, .300/.356/.516/.872. Other than those two months, Jones usually posts something around .265/.325/.430/.755 throughout his career.
                    What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
                    Line Drive: .356
                    HBP: .342
                    Non-Intentional Walk: .315
                    Intentional Walk: .176
                    Outfield Fly: .035
                    Groundball: -.101
                    Bunts: -.103
                    Infield Fly: -.243
                    Strikeout: -.287
                    It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

well, jones had a very successful game today.

Comment

He must've read this thread.
                        The Q: Can the Cubs hold a 6-5 lead with 2 outs and nobody on in the 9th?

The A: No

***********My Rant on Bud Selig***********
                        Selig is like a stray pigeon. Pigeons are too self-absorbed to care about anyone else. They poo on people they don't like; they poo on people they don't even know. The only real difference between Selig and a pigeon is that Selig intends to bury our heritage, our traditions, and our culture,

Comment

Jones is your basic average player who should avoid LHP like the plague.
                          Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

The guy has alot of pressure on him, he's trying too hard to produce for his new team in a new league, hopefully he broke out last night. That 3 run homer brought me to my feet very quickly.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X