Where should I eat in Chicago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where should I eat in Chicago

I went to a cubs game last year and had a great time. The only problem was that I took a bus trip and we didn't have a ride to go to the many restaurants of Chicago. We are driving to see a Cubs game vs. the Brewers and I wanted to know if you had any suggestions on where to eat for lunch. I would like to go to giordanos but I don't know how good their pizza is.
    Can you say S O R I A N O !!!

giordano's is very good pizza. so is Gino's East (I do prefer Giordano's, but Gino's is definitely high quality too). If you are looking for near the ballpark, Goose Island on Clark is an excellent choice.

Comment

Gino's East is _the_ best pizza I've ever had.
      Michael!

Reaching Scarlet

Comment

Actually, I was going to ask this question in a day or two as well. . . what's good in the Wrigleyville/North Clark St. area? I love BBQ, as well as Mexican (actually I love all foods but those are two of my favs). I don't mind taking the L if it's not too far. Any suggestions?

Comment

As a Cubs fan, I enjoyed going to Harry Carray's
          http://www.harrycarays.com/

and

Mike Ditka's
          http://www.mikeditkaschicago.com/

If you never been, it is worth going to..

I am not saying they are the best in the area, because I do not live there...

I am just saying, if you are visiting you should go..

I enjoyed them both...

Gino's East is nice as well.. that is the pizza place we ate at...

and yes.... it is a MUST as well..
          BELIEVE

Comment

Thanks for the info, cubshub. . . i looked at their menus and while the food looks good, i'm more of a "cheap eats" kind of guy i might get to one or the other while i'm there, though, maybe just to say that "i've been there". we'll see.

Comment

how about this place?

BELIEVE

Comment

eh, its alright. not bad. theres a diner right next to goose island that is better. and its cheap. i tend to eat at the diner about 8-10 times a summer as its good food.

Comment

Thank You for all the suggestions.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm looking forward to a great time in Wrigleyville.

Comment

Originally posted by rockin500
                    eh, its alright. not bad. theres a diner right next to goose island that is better. and its cheap. i tend to eat at the diner about 8-10 times a summer as its good food.
                    Pardon the ignorance, but what is goose island and where are those two places in relation to Wrigley?

Comment

3735 N Clark
                      Chicago

Wrigleysville Dogs
                      http://www.planet99.com/chicago/restaurants/14907.html

And I think Rockin said Goose Island is right next to them.
                      BELIEVE

Comment

Originally posted by pesky6
                        Pardon the ignorance, but what is goose island and where are those two places in relation to Wrigley?
                        goose island is a brewpub with excellent food and their own beer. Its about 1 block south of Wrigley along Clark.

Comment

Originally posted by pesky6
                          If you're a fan of good beer, you owe it to yourself to stop by Goose Island. Honker's Ale and "312" are two of my favorite beers!
                          Michael!

Reaching Scarlet

Comment

Sorry, Underage

Originally posted by Michael H.
                            If you're a fan of good beer, you owe it to yourself to stop by Goose Island. Honker's Ale and "312" are two of my favorite beers!
                            Sorry but I've still got 6 years till I can go into a bar and drink. But I will remember to go there and try their beer when I am 21. lol. I may try some of their food though. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by rockin500
                              giordano's is very good pizza. so is Gino's East (I do prefer Giordano's, but Gino's is definitely high quality too). If you are looking for near the ballpark, Goose Island on Clark is an excellent choice.
                              I vouch for this and now Im hungry again dagnabbit
                              98 years of futility and counting...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X