Cubs shuffle deck chairs, hire Jaramillo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cubs shuffle deck chairs, hire Jaramillo

The Cubs sign Texas Rangers hitting coach Jaramillo for over 2 million over 3 years.

My prediction:

He look like a genius a la Dusty Baker as the Cubs hitters bounce back next year despite the fact that a blind leper could be the hitting coach and the Cubs will still see a bounce back next year.

I agree the Cubs will most likely bounce back on thier own. I also believe Jaramillo is one of the best. If he can work with a couple of the guys that are struggling and get them back on track it will be worth it. Texas problem is always pitching, never batting. Now that said Bradley is a great example along with Gary Matthews of players that have benefited from a hitter friendly stadium.

So in closing you may be right, but we can use all the help we can get

Comment

Yeah, I mean, it's not going to hurt the team, the guy is a good hitting coach, and everyone knows that, I'll take whatever is out there to maximize the success of this team.

Comment

We could have used a new manager too, but I won't complain. A new hitting coach will work wonders because Von Joshua just wasn't cutting it.
        RIP Ronnie James Dio (July 10, 1942 - May 16, 2010).

Comment

Three hitting coaches in a year, does this team have a clue?
          They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
            Three hitting coaches in a year, does this team have a clue?
            Apparently not.
            RIP Ronnie James Dio (July 10, 1942 - May 16, 2010).

Comment

Well, they did just hire one of the better ones, so they seem to have that right. If you're trying to say that it's Lou that's the problem, then I gotta highly disagree with you. He's not the one actually going out there on the field and blowing games (too many to single out too much, but mostly Soriano). He's not the one who constantly forgets to tag from second to third on a deep fly to right with nobody out (Theriot, and others). He simply tells them what to do and how to do it, from there it's up to the players. Let's not forget that the Cubs have been over .500 every year that he's been here and have made the playoffs 2 out of those 3 years, and the year before he got here they were a complete joke. The actual problem this year was the players, and it's funny, because of how much better they got once Milton Bradley was sent packing, maybe a lot of it had to do with a player bringing the rest down. Ask any business, negativity in the office can make a big negative impact in the office, same goes with in the clubhouse. There's a lot of things that the Cubs had going wrong for them this year, but I don't see Lou as one of them. The only thing that he really did wrong was put too much faith in Kevin Gregg.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X