Offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offseason

First one I've seen involves a swap of bad contracts. Bradley for Vernon Wells. UHHH, I say no. Soriano for Wells and then I'd say yes. Soriano amongst the very worst OF'ers defensively,he belongs in the AL where he can hide as a DH. Wells fills the CF starters job nicely for the immediate with Fukudome going back to RF where he belongs. All the Cubs need is to do is find an everday LF'er to pencil in. Pat Burrell not my choice but is a start for discussion purposes.

The money for Soriano/Wells can be worked out IMO.:bowdown:

i think the bradley/wells rumor is DOA.

Comment

Yeah, the Cubs are denying the Wells trade. I wouldn't mind seeing him go. He's still got a good glove, and he seems, throughout his career to have kinda an on/off thing going for his career. I think he can still be a good player, but again, it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

Comment

Dont trade Soriano! :cap:
        The Voice of Croatia - Glas Hrvatske

Comment

I find Bradley to be a dispicable person and want him off the team under any circumstance. I think the way he turned on the clubhouse at the end and referred to the fans as being racist was abhorrent behavior and does not evoke the kind of Cubs team I want to ever see winning a pennant.

Comment

Cubs sign Grabow to a two year 7 million dollar deal. Just what the Cubs need to spend on with their limited budget.

Comment

Heilman to the D-Backs for 2 prospects.

"Heilman, 31, was dealt for left-handed reliever Scott Maine, a sixth-round pick in 2007 out of the University of Miami, and first baseman Ryne White, a St. Rita High School and Purdue product."
              Last edited by JOVE23; 11-19-2009, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Cubs add Gaub, Parker, Dolis, more to 40-man

Cubs purchased the contracts of LHP John Gaub, RHPs Blake Parker and Rafael Dolis, OF James Adduci and C Welington Castillo.
                The five are now protected from December's Rule 5 draft. Armed with a fastball clocked as high as 100 mph, the 21-year-old Dolis surely would have been chosen had he been exposed. That said, he's still a bit of a project, posting a 3.79 ERA and 75/53 K/BB ratio in 99 2/3 innings with Class A Daytona in 2009.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...=278894&spln=1

Comment

Cubs sign Vince Perkins to a minor league deal.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/prospects/?p=7288

Comment

Cubs trade Miles and Fox to the A's for minor leaguers and a reliever.

IF you are going to give up Fox I would have hoped they would have had to take Bradley as well. Oh well.

I'm pretty sure that Fox is going to top out as a 4th outfielder (and I know he is a 1B) But still this trade just stinks. Hendry sings Miles to a stupid and pointless multiyear contract and then they only way to get out from under it to create salary space is to package him with a lively bat. Stupid, stupid move on Hendry's part.
                    Last edited by Ubiquitous; 12-03-2009, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ubiquitous View Post
                      I'm pretty sure that Fox is going to top out as a 4th outfielder (and I know he is a 1B) But still this trade just stinks. Hendry sings Miles to a stupid and pointless multiyear contract and then they only way to get out from under it to create salary space is to package him with a lively bat. Stupid, stupid move on Hendry's part.
                      It just goes to show you how a bad contract like the Aaron Miles contract is hard to dump. They weren't going to eat the money because they'll have to absorb some money from the Milton Bradley deal. You could argue that the deals that brought Aaron Miles and Milton Bradley here were the really stupid deals because they mean we have to make ourselves worse to get rid of them.
                      RIP Ronnie James Dio (July 10, 1942 - May 16, 2010).

Comment

I really like Fox, but with Ramirez and Lee there for probably still a little while longer, it wasn't going to be worth it to keep him on the roster and have him playing off the bench. He's not a good enough outfielder to really play every day out there. For any Bulls fans out there, it's like the Thabo Sefolosha trade, he's a quality player, but he's only going to be able to be so good with his team, so you trade him somewhere where he can be a bigger help on a regular basis. I can see Oakland really being able to use him as a DH/1B there.

Comment

You don't trade a quality bat away for nothing. If the Cubs were not going to be a fit for Fox then Hendry should have traded him away last season before the deadline not as part of a 1.7 million dollar salary dump.

Comment

A power arm and a good prospect aren't exactly nothing, especially when you consider that it frees up money and room on the roster as well.

Comment

It frees up 1.7 million dollars and one roster spot and technically not even that roster spot since Fox had options.

The Cubs have a zillion power arms.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X