X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iowanic
    replied
    7 days! Can hardly wait!
    And looks like Colvin's gonna get his chance.

Leave a comment:

• Iowanic
    replied
    I'm curious to see what Colvin and Nady's roles will be.

Leave a comment:

• Mild Sauce
    replied
    Less than a week and a half, and while I'm hoping they get some things worked out before the regular season starts, I'm glad they're getting these problems uncovered now rather than later.

Leave a comment:

• Iowanic
    replied
    :hyper:2 weeks to go!:hyper:

Leave a comment:

• Iowanic
    replied
    There certainly seems to be a number of cubbies making a play for the show this spring! I can't possibly see them including everyone on the roster, so who gets sent where is gonna be getting mighty interesting!

Less then 20 days now.......

Leave a comment:

• Mild Sauce
    replied
    Hmmm, looks like Jackson's just going to need time before we can really see what to expect out of him. With Vitters, I'm hoping he winds up in AA or so, that way we can really get a better idea of how good he really is.

Leave a comment:

• Cowtipper
    replied
    Vitters, Jackson, more trimmed from roster

Top draft picks Josh Vitters and Brett Jackson were among nine players cut from the Chicago Cubs' spring training roster on Sunday.

Mitch Atkins was optioned to Triple-A Iowa and David Patton was optioned to Double-A Tennessee. Both are right-handed pitchers.

Jackson, Vitters, catchers Steve Clevenger and Blake Lalli, infielder Matt Camp, and pitchers Jeff Kennard and Vince Perkins were assigned to the minor league camp.

Jackson, an outfielder, was the Cubs' No. 1 draft pick in June. He appeared in five spring training games with a hit in three at-bats.

Vitters, the Cubs' top pick in 2007, hit .316 at Class A Peoria and .238 at Class A Daytona.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/ml...ory?id=4994687

Leave a comment:

• Mild Sauce
    replied
    Eh, those days have been gone for a while. The Cubs now at least let their prospects fail before they trade them.

Leave a comment:

• Iowanic
    replied
    The sad part about it is; based on past experiences, now the cubbies will just trade him.

Leave a comment:

• Mild Sauce
    replied
    Anyone else worried that Starlin Castro may not be any good? Yeah, he's only had limited at bats so far this spring, but really, he's only hitting .571 so far this spring (after 4 PAs today), I'm very worried.

Leave a comment:

• Mild Sauce
    replied
    I wouldn't say Guzman's career is over, but things clearly aren't looking good for him for the next couple of years. Let's just hope that the Cubs don't rush anything like they tend to do and he gets the proper rehabilitation.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Sacamento
    replied
    Originally posted by Shawon-o-Meter View Post
    In the wake of setup man Angel Guzman's season-ending shoulder injury, ESPN.com's Jerry Crasnick checks in to report that the Cubs have inquired about the availability of Toronto's Jason Frasor. As we told you last week, Frasor is in a three-headed competition for the closer role, so the Blue Jays do have a surplus from which to trade -- and Frasor makes sense, given that he's eligible for free agency after the season.
    http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/sprin...3fid%3d4975829
    Only issue is how much do we give up for Frasor. He's coming off a career year, has one year left, and he's a Type B free agent. It's no secret that the Blue Jays want a close to ready middle infield prospect as well as another midlevel prospect. I've got no problem with letting Barney, Flaherty, LeMahieu or Watkins go as the main piece but not with Hak Ju Lee; he has a honest chance of being the starting shortstop for a good ten year run due to his strong glove and arm and his plus bat. Everyone thinks that Starlin Castro is the long term answer at short but Lee fields the position much better and as Castro grows he looks more and more like a 2B or 3B withi his average arm 2B seems more likely.

Leave a comment:

• Shawon-o-Meter
    replied
    In the wake of setup man Angel Guzman's season-ending shoulder injury, ESPN.com's Jerry Crasnick checks in to report that the Cubs have inquired about the availability of Toronto's Jason Frasor. As we told you last week, Frasor is in a three-headed competition for the closer role, so the Blue Jays do have a surplus from which to trade -- and Frasor makes sense, given that he's eligible for free agency after the season.
    http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/sprin...3fid%3d4975829

Leave a comment:

• Shawon-o-Meter
    replied
    Originally posted by rockin500 View Post
    looks like angel guzman's career is now pretty much done, unless a miracle occurs as his shoulder is completely messed up (ligament tear in the shoulder). sad offseason for him.
    Just heard about this...crappy news. Sounds like he's done for the enitre 2009 season AT BEST

Leave a comment:

• rockin500
    replied
    looks like angel guzman's career is now pretty much done, unless a miracle occurs as his shoulder is completely messed up (ligament tear in the shoulder). sad offseason for him.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X