Wrigley Field Scoreboard Flags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrigley Field Scoreboard Flags

The NL standings that are represented by pennants flying above the scoreboard are always dispalyed with team names. Has anyone ever seen the flags displayed by the city name and not the team name?

Hmm, never looked when I was there, but I was watching a Cubs documentary once, and it showed the city names when they showed the "Chicago" flag above the "St. Louis" flag. So they have done it. IDK what caused a change.
    "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
    -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
    -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Comment

Geez, I must not have paid much attention when I was there last. I remember them as having the city names; never noticed the change.

If I had to guess, it would probably have been around the same time as the 1993 expansion, because they would have needed new flags anyway.
      Patrick

"Can't anybody play this here game?" -- Casey Stengel

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X