Milton Bradley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milton Bradley

I know, why even bring him up? He held an entire club back during his time with the Cubs and still can't stop from whining about it.

However, I actually think this stuff is fun to watch. Milton Bradley continues to look more and more like a complete fool, and we get to sit here and watch it unfold as he continues to blame everyone outside of himself for really what's turned into a wasted career. Despite the talent he has, he's had one good year out of a whole bunch, and now all the blame's on the Chicago Cubs organization, fans, and the Chicago media? This guy has to be a comedian trying to pull one of the most elaborate pranks of all time, and I'm laughing right along with it.

So anyway, what does everyone else think about this? Are you annoyed with the fact that he can't let a couple of weeks go by without taking shots, or are you like me and want to hear more because of how funny it is?

I actually feel sorry for the guy, believe it or not. He got off on the wrong foot and thereupon decided to tap-dance his way thru a mine field of his own devising. Maybe Jr. can make him behave...

Comment

I agree, he is a fool and a terrible person. But.... i'm also thinking he has a pretty good year back in the AL....

G Rizzle

Comment

Originally posted by Iowanic View Post
        I actually feel sorry for the guy, believe it or not. He got off on the wrong foot and thereupon decided to tap-dance his way thru a mine field of his own devising. Maybe Jr. can make him behave...
        And then you'll hate him even more, haha.

G Rizzle

Comment

Honestly, I like the guy. I will admit, he had a lot to do with his troubles in Chicago, but so did the fans and media. When the Cubs signed him, they didnt say, wow, we got a guy who batted .300 and got on base a ton, they said, "look at the guy who took Mark DeRosas job". Everyone remembered the DeRosa trade, and looked at it as DeRo was traded to make room for Bradley. It was not fair to him. Chicago never gave him a chance.

I think he has escalated it though, with all his whining. He needed to just come in, forget about the fans, and just do what he does best, hit, but he didnt. He let the fans get to him, and that was the end of it. I wish him the best of luck in Seattle though.

And on a side note, the Cubs didnt use him right either. They used him in the 4 and 5 hole a lot, he was not a power hitter, i dont know why they expected him to be. With his OBP, he would have been the perfect number 2 hitter in my mind.
          "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
          -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
          -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Comment

I just remember thinking the DeRosa trade would be to possibly get Peavy, but I guess the Cubs didn't want him.

Comment

This just in

Apparently Chicago wasn't the problem.

Mariners put Milton Bradley on restricted list
              By TIM BOOTH, AP Sports Writer
              May 6, 10:13 pm EDT

Buzz up! 11 PrintSEATTLE (AP)—Milton Bradley(notes) was placed on the restricted list by the Seattle Mariners on Thursday, a day after asking the team for help in dealing with “emotional stress” from personal issues.

Seattle recalled outfielder Michael Saunders(notes) from Triple-A Tacoma to fill Bradley’s roster spot.

While on the restricted list, Bradley cannot be in uniform or with the team. He will miss at least five days—and manager Don Wakamatsu said he won’t go on the Mariners’ eight-game road trip that begins next Tuesday in Baltimore.

ADVERTISEMENT

But general manager Jack Zduriencik said the team opted for the restricted list instead of placing Bradley on the 15-day disabled list. Zduriencik said it’s expected Bradley will be away from the club for “five, six, seven days for sure,” and then the situation will be re-evaluated.

“The process has started. We’re together with Milton and his agency group and we’re forming a partnership to help him get through this thing,” Zduriencik said. “The timeframe has yet to be determined. I don’t know the answer to this because I’m not a professional in this field.”

The moves came a day after Bradley met with Wakamatsu and Zduriencik and asked for help in dealing with his issues. The 32-year-old arrived at Safeco Field on Wednesday morning and told the leaders of his eighth team in 10 seasons, “I need your help.”

That startling admission came after Bradley became angry for striking out twice on Tuesday night and Wakamatsu removed him from a close game in the sixth inning because the manager thought he wasn’t fit to play anymore. Bradley left the stadium soon after. Several Mariners players described his mindset Tuesday night as “not good.”

Wakamatsu said before Thursday night’s game that Bradley met with a counselor earlier in the afternoon and all reports indicated the session went well.

The 32-year-old Bradley publicly blamed Chicago’s fans and media for running him out of that city following his failed season with the Cubs in 2009. He already had run-ins this season, flipping off a fan during a game in Texas in the midst of a 1-for-21 start.

Rangers manager Ron Washington said before Thursday’s game in Texas that he was happy to see Bradley getting help. Washington coached Bradley in 2008 with Texas, where Bradley set career highs of 22 homers and 77 RBIs.

“Milton is a very good ballplayer. As a baseball player and now as a manager, you just like to see good ballplayers do good. And I feel no different about Milton, I want to see him do good,” Washington said. “It’s nice that Seattle’s got his back.”

Bradley has repeatedly said that he feels enormous pressure to produce for the Mariners and that he is enjoying the atmosphere and his teammates in Seattle.

Bradley is batting .214 with two home runs and 12 RBIs in 21 games. He was in street clothes in the clubhouse on Thursday before the moves were made, speaking briefly with Ken Griffey Jr.(notes) and sitting quietly at his locker.

“We’re just happy we’re going down this road right now and getting him some help,” Wakamatsu said.

Zduriencik said he was in contact with Major League Baseball on how best to handle Bradley’s situation, finally determining the restricted list was the best move.

“I do not know the length of time this will take. Certainly we hope it’s sooner than later,” Zduriencik said. “I hope that we’re not involved in this thing for a lengthy, lengthy period of time. I don’t think that will be the case. I think we’ll see some headway in a period of time and we’ll move forward with it.”

Saunders slumped at the start of the season at Tacoma, but rebounded with seven hits in his last four games to raise his average to .200. He hit .221 in 46 games with the Mariners last season.

Wakamatsu also said shortstop Jack Wilson(notes) was only available in an emergency Thursday night after injuring his right knee running out a bunt single on Wednesday night. Wakamatsu said Wilson is day to day.

AP Sports Writer Stephen Hawkins in Arlington, Texas contributed to this report.

Comment

KInda sad, I think. I don't know what's going on in his life, but hopefully he can get squared away.

Comment

Well, he admits that something is wrong. That's a positive first step. Good luck to him.

Comment

I agree...I wish him the best...hopefully he can get his problems worked out...I have no doubt hes got some demons hes battling.
                    "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
                    -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
                    -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Comment

Well one of the Demons he's NOT battling is financial problems. I agree the guys got serious issues but he signed the paper paying him 10 m a year to play ball, nobody put a gun to his head to do so. "Poor, poor sod".

We used to have ballplayers that acted like men. Now we have Milton's because we dont expect them to. Boy, theres always an exuse isn't there? But the bottom line is dont put A-social personalities in the clubhouse. This is all Hendry all the time. The guys baggage was well known but somehow he thought Cub Nation could heal him. Of all his bad signings this was the worst.
                      "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

Well, considering how good Silva has been, it hasn't turned out so bad for the Cubs.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X