2010 Chicago Cubs Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ace Venom View Post
    I should have clarified. I read someone's claim that they refuse to work with Rudy. I don't know how true it is. Now Derrek Lee has gone on record to say that hitting coaches are overrated after Gerald Perry was fired last season. I can't imagine they'd be too proud to ask for help given their slumps, but I don't know.
    Ah. Thanks for the reply. Yes. After Perry was fired last year, there was a lot of the "a hitting coach doesn't matter much," but then the Cubs paid big money to sign Jaramillo. Some people (like Fukudome) have their own personal instructor who they've been with for years and that person knows their student's mechanics inside and out.

Edit: There is a current Trib article suggesting Ramirez isn't working with Rudy, nor does it mention any personal coach he has, either.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,405808.column
    The Uncoach
    Customizable
    Last edited by The Uncoach; 05-08-2010, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ubiquitous View Post
      Supposedly Starlin Casto has been called up.
      I think he will have some good and bad moments offensively, but defensively, this raises their level immediately with Theriot moving over to 2B. Fontenot is a good utility guy, as well. At least that's my guess that he would take Tracy's role for the most part.

Comment

Yep and Castro has arrived with a splash. A HR in his first at bat and he's added a triple.
        GO CUBBIES!

Comment

nice debut by castro tonight. always nice to set a record for your first game!

Comment

Well, glimpse of hope today, nice comeback I suppose (against the freakin' Pirates >_> but I'll take it) and Carlos Marmol looked nasty in the save, maybe he'll come back to the old Marmol we all knew and loved. I'm not holding my breath or anything but maybe we'll get better this year, who knows?
            EAMUS CATULI

AC000000 IN 2008 2009 2010!!!!!

Comment

Announced tonight that Zambrano will be put back into the rotation. No word yet on who is going to get bumped.

Comment

Well, we know it won't be Silva. Who would have thought that when the Silva for Bradley trade was made in the off-season? He has been a terrific surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by Ubiquitous View Post
                  Announced tonight that Zambrano will be put back into the rotation. No word yet on who is going to get bumped.
                  gorzelanny will be sent to the pent.

Comment

Hendry hasn't said yet who is going to come out. I persoanlly believe that someone will be heading to the DL to make room possibly even Zambrano.

Comment

• go cubbies go!

Comment

• Grabow couldn't get a 5th grader out today.

Comment

• Any day now.....the eruption will come. Maybe even fistacuffs.

Lou is from a different era. Frankly I think the modern game, and the modern players, kinda befuddle him.
                          "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

• Yes, three winning seasons in a row for the Cubs, somthing they haven't done in decades, and Lou bringing along Cub minor leaguers, again something the Cubs haven't done in decades, clearly shows that the modern player befuddles Lou

Comment

• Fine game this afternoon: both the rangers and cubs played in a exciting fashion.

Comment

• So are the Cubbies gonna get on a streak again and get over .500? And what to do with A Ram? Man, that guy couldn't hit a 60 mph grapefruit consistently right now. If they get Lee and A Ram going, I really think this team is better than advertised at the start of the season.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X