No announcement yet.

2010 Chicago Cubs Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of Lee, he had a really good night last night. Hitting that ball out to RF is a good sign.

Comment

• Nail-biter today!
      1-0!
      I'm likin' what I've seen the last couple weeks!
      GO CUBBIES!

Comment

• Yep. They just need to hang in there and sort a few things out (middle of the lineup/bullpen) and they are right there. No one is running away with this division. It's there for the taking if they can do that.

Comment

• Cards this afternoon, folks!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Uncoach View Post
            Yep. They just need to hang in there and sort a few things out (middle of the lineup/bullpen) and they are right there. No one is running away with this division. It's there for the taking if they can do that.
            This series would be a good place to start then. Unfortunately the Cubs are in a hole and it won't be easy to get out of it. For instance the Cubs have played .615 ball over the last two weeks and they are still under .500 by two games. If they take two of three from this series they are still one game under .500. If they win the next three series by going two of three in each one of them they are only 1 game above .500 after all of that. Meanwhile STL is 6 games over .500 and the Reds are 8 games over .500. The Cubs have some hard games left before the All-star break so the Cubs really have to play well for a long stretch just to dig themselves out of this hole and the offense still hasn't come around. Not only are Aramis and Derrek Lee in a funk but most of our hot hitters (save Alfonso) are tailing off. This could get very ugly very quickly if that offense doesn't start hitting on all or most of their cylinders.

Comment

• Note: how many games back are they? 5 games back in late may?
              It's anyone's division to take at this point. Including the cubs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iowanic View Post
                Note: how many games back are they? 5 games back in late may?
                It's anyone's division to take at this point. Including the cubs.
                Well, it is a lot more the Reds and Cardinals division to take since they are not 5 games back in late May.

Cincinnati is putting up more runs on the board and allowing a similar amount of runs to be scored as the Cubs are. The Cardinals are getting fabulous pitching and have only score 7 less runs than the Cubs. Of the three teams I mentioned one of them is clearly in the hole and that team is the Cubs. Sure, anyone can win the division but that doesn't mean they all have the exact same odds of winning the division. According to BP the Cubs have a 14% chance of winning the division. The Cardinals a 52% chance and the Reds a 32% chance. So the Reds are over twice as likely to win the division and the Cardinals are over 3 times as likely than the Cubs to win the division.

Comment

• Well who am I to agrue with BP?
                  If 5 games in late may isn't really 5 games in late may, I guess we just have to take their word for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ubiquitous View Post
                    Well, it is a lot more the Reds and Cardinals division to take since they are not 5 games back in late May.
                    Let's see. June, July, August.......Yep. Might as well trade 'em all and call up the young 'uns now. The season is over![/Debby Downer]

Comment

• Well, that hole just got bigger.

Comment

• looked good today, though. Silva is something!
                        Rubber-game tommorow....

Comment

Well, that hole just got bigger.
                          Huge loss. Can't come back from that. Oh, wait........They won today.

Comment

• And they are now 6 games back instead of 5. The hole didn't get smaller with that win.

Comment

• I believe coach was refering to the cards, not cinci.
                              In any case, we sucked big time today. The Phatanator used us for batting practice.
                              I suspected Puhols was due to come out of his slump....I just wish he could have waited a day!

Comment

And they are now 6 games back instead of 5. The hole didn't get smaller with that win.
                                13 games back at the beginning of September didn't mean squat to the 69 Mets.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X