Cubs Loyalty Tattoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cubs Loyalty Tattoo

So I was talking with my friends the other day about tattoos and I came to the conclusion that if I ever live to see the day when the Cubs win the World Series I'm going to get 1908 tattooed on one set of knuckles and the year it happens in on the other. I realize I'm still young and stupid but I'm also a diehard Cubs fan and I've certainly experienced my share of heartbreak and a World Series win would literally bring me to tears. Any thoughts?
    EAMUS CATULI

AC000000 IN 2008 2009 2010!!!!!

Why do they need to win a WS to get a tattoo? I got two on each arm, and plan more.
    "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
    -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
    -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Comment

I don't like tattoos and I definetly wouldn't get one of a sports team. The day may come when your feelings for the team are no longer so fervent.

Comment

If you have to get a tattoo be smart enough to get it on a part of your body that is not visible with your normal clothing on.
        Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Originally posted by EdTarbusz View Post
          I don't like tattoos and I definetly wouldn't get one of a sports team. The day may come when your feelings for the team are no longer so fervent.
          I agree completely.

Loyalty to a team can only go so far. Do you - and this is a generic "you," not specifically directed towards chitownkid21 - do you love your team so much that you're willing to fight someone who says they suck? Are you willing to run the risk of whatever consequences might result out of fighting to defend your team's honor? Because if you get f**ked up big time as a show of loyalty, your team is NOT going to come to your aid or even show appreciation for your support. Not the players, not management, not even the guy who has to clean up after everyone else has gone home.

This applies to any team, not just the Cubs. There was a scene in "Fever Pitch" where these Red Sox fans, drowning their sorrows in a bar after a devastating loss, happen to see some Red Sox players at a table in that same bar, laughing and having a good time as if nothing had happened. Clearly the loss meant more to the fans than the players.

chitownkid21, I say don't get the tattoo.
          X
          What's THAT guy doing?
          - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

I don't know why you think I'd fight somebody for saying the Cubs suck. My best friend is a White Sox fan it's not like I can't associate with people that aren't Cubs fans and it's not like we don't blow each other crap about each other's teams all of the time. The way I see it is by the time it actually happens I'll probably be at a point in my life where I'll know whether I'm in a position where I can or can't get a visible tattoo, if it happens before then I'll wait until then to get it, maybe get it somewhere else the knuckles just seemed like the perfect set up for it though. However, if it was on my torso I could get it more designed than just 8 numbers.
            EAMUS CATULI

Comment

Originally posted by chitownkid21 View Post
              I don't know why you think I'd fight somebody for saying the Cubs suck.
              I don't know if you would or wouldn't. In the context of my earlier post, it doesn't matter, because I had said that the "you" was generic, directed at everyone reading this thread, regardless of whatever team they're a fan of. I clearly said that the "you" was "not specifically directed towards chitownkid21."
              X
              What's THAT guy doing?
              - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

Well regardless I wouldn't and don't know anybody that would. I'm also getting a tattoo this summer anyway (non-sports related) that will not be visible with normal clothing on if it makes a difference. Also, I'm not loyal to the players the management or park staff, I'm loyal to the team. I don't have to be loyal to the individual politicians and citizens of America to be loyal to it. Not that I plan on getting an American flag tattooed on me, but it's the same concept.

Women come and go but the Cubs are forever.
                EAMUS CATULI

Comment

While I'll never not have strong feelings for the Cubs, at the same time, I've always lived by the rule that team logos and band names are out of the question as far as tattoos go, same goes with anything regarding a team and tattoos. While the Cubs are a big part of me, I take other parts to put into the tattoos that I do have.

Comment

Originally posted by chitownkid21 View Post

Women come and go but the Cubs are forever.
                    I wouldn't count on that.

Comment

Im all for the tattoo, but as some others have said here, unless you know 100 percent what career you will be doing, do not get a visible tattoo. You would not want something like that to ruin you like that. I go two of them, both on my upper arms. If one day Im able to put some on my forearms, I will, but not until I know for sure. Also, before you get it, you need to be at the point where you KNOW you will never stop loving the Cubs like you do now. If I were an on again, off again Cubs fan, I never would have considered a tattoo. I knew I was at the point where I was always going to be a huge Cubs fan when I got mine.

You got to understand, if you get one, and then the Cubs lose 100 games 9 years in a row, you cant take it back, you are either gonna have to still love them as much, or try to hide your shame. Im the kinda person, where I will still love them as much.
                      "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
                      -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
                      -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Comment

I've certainly seen my share of 100 or near 100 loss seasons and my fanhood never wavered, that's not an issue. But you're right as far as visible tattoos go, I'll more than likely pass on the visible one unless the day comes when I know for sure I can get one.
                        EAMUS CATULI

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X