World Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Series

Here is a clip of the third game in the 1935 World Series. Cubs vs Tigers.

Here is a clip of the 1929 World Series. October 12th.

Comment

1932 Clip of the yankees and Cubs.

Comment

This thread in any other team's forum would be much larger!

Thanks for the links, Ubi.

Comment

Originally posted by The Uncoach View Post
          This thread in any other team's forum would be much larger!

Thanks for the links, Ubi.
          Even in the Rangers forum? EVen in thwe Mariners forum? Even in the Nationals forum?

Sorry, I know what ya mean, idk what Id rather have, 2 World Series wins 100+ years ago, or never appearing at all in your 30-50 year history.
          "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
          -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
          -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Comment

Gee. You guys sound like we're out of it this year...

Comment

Originally posted by Cubsfan97 View Post
              Even in the Rangers forum? EVen in thwe Mariners forum? Even in the Nationals forum?

Sorry, I know what ya mean, idk what Id rather have, 2 World Series wins 100+ years ago, or never appearing at all in your 30-50 year history.
              IDK about the Rangers, since they were originally the Washington Senators, who became the Minnesota Twinkies before they were the Senators, before they became the Rangers.

As long as the Cibs haven't won in over 100 years, that number will always be > 30-50 years of never appearing.

Comment

Originally posted by The Uncoach View Post
                IDK about the Rangers, since they were originally the Washington Senators, who became the Minnesota Twinkies before they were the Senators, before they became the Rangers.

As long as the Cibs haven't won in over 100 years, that number will always be > 30-50 years of never appearing.
                Wrong. There have been two separate Washington Senators teams. The first Senators moved to Minnesota and became the Twins. The second Senators moved to Texas and became the Rangers. Rangers/Senators have never won a World Series.

Comment

Originally posted by otis89 View Post
                  Wrong. There have been two separate Washington Senators teams. The first Senators moved to Minnesota and became the Twins. The second Senators moved to Texas and became the Rangers. Rangers/Senators have never won a World Series.
                  No kidding. What's wrong is how you comprehended the post.

Comment

Originally posted by Ubiquitous View Post
                    Here is a clip of the third game in the 1935 World Series. Cubs vs Tigers.
                    I have game 7 of the 1945 World Series on mp3. Last appearance by a Cubs team in the Series. The manager blew it by starting Borrowy on one days' rest after a long stint in relief in game 6.

There are also quite a few games from the 70s as well circulating which are also fun to listen to.

Comment

Anybody have a clip from the 1906, 07 and 08 World Series?
                      http://www.blackbetsy.com/movies/joeatbat.mpg

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X