Glendon Rusch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glendon Rusch

Glendon Rusch has always been a decent guy to have as a swing man but he's allowed 10 homers in 20 Innings so far this year. He's not long for the rotation,let alone a spot on the staff,at this rate! It doesn't help that the balls(instead of the players) seem to be juiced this year............

Now he's allowed 4 in 2.2 Innings. That's 12 In 21+ Innings. He must be closing In on a record.
    Last edited by JohnGelnarFan; 04-29-2006, 01:05 PM.

Well, he has allowed the most home runs in the NL this season. He's up to 11. Livan Hernandez has allowed 9.

Comment

i said this in another forum and got blasted-but some of this is due to the constant stupid pitch-calls...0-2 fastballs, actually just too many fastballs in general...he only throws 87 MPH and isn't going to overpower anyone, but they always try to have him throw it on corners and try to jam hitters which just won't work...when he uses his breaking ball he is a much more effective pitcher

Comment

Originally posted by otis89
        Well, he has allowed the most home runs in the NL this season. He's up to 11. Livan Hernandez has allowed 9.
        Of the 24 hits Glendon has given up, 11 have been homers! It's time to send Rusch back to the pen, shift Aardsma and/or Ohman to Iowa, and give Rich Hill the call.

Hill's been great thus far for Iowa, in 4 starts he's gone 25 IP, giving up 13 hits, 4 earned runs, 1 hr, 7 bb, 33 k, 1.44 ERA, 0.80 WHIP, .173 BAA. Yes Hill has shown dominance like this before, and he's been making great strides on that changeup. From what I've heard from reports from my Iowa friend, he's starting to work it more into counts. And it's becoming a good pitch when he's trying to out guess the hitter; in the past when a hitter sees a slower moving pitch from Rich they immediately assume curveball. With the changeup, he's throwing it from nearly the same slot as his dropball. The change still needs work but with Rusch's struggles as a starter it's almost time to give the ball to Rich Hill until Wood is ready.
        What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
        Line Drive: .356
        HBP: .342
        Non-Intentional Walk: .315
        Intentional Walk: .176
        Outfield Fly: .035
        Groundball: -.101
        Bunts: -.103
        Infield Fly: -.243
        Strikeout: -.287
        It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

Originally posted by redwhitenblue
          i said this in another forum and got blasted-but some of this is due to the constant stupid pitch-calls...0-2 fastballs, actually just too many fastballs in general...he only throws 87 MPH and isn't going to overpower anyone, but they always try to have him throw it on corners and try to jam hitters which just won't work...when he uses his breaking ball he is a much more effective pitcher
          whats the difference? his fastball is 87, his offspeed garbage is 80.

glendon needs to be in the pen. no ifs ands or buts. i left after 6 innings today. I'd rather spend time getting liquored up in a bar instead of otherwsie.

Comment

Originally posted by rockin500
            whats the difference? his fastball is 87, his offspeed garbage is 80.

glendon needs to be in the pen. no ifs ands or buts. i left after 6 innings today. I'd rather spend time getting liquored up in a bar instead of otherwsie.
            his offspeed garbage is what would save him from getting teed off on his fastballs

he was able to get out of the first after throwing one breaking ball that the hitter wasn't ready for...he was able to handle jenkins and lee in the beginning of the third by working in his breaking ball, then suddenly they went back to constant fastballs...a college team can tee off on an 87 MPH fastball when they know that the guy isn't going to throw his offspeed pitch...in the Pit game he worked it in a lot more and had hitters actually guessing instead of today where they knew what was coming

Comment

Originally posted by redwhitenblue
              his offspeed garbage is what would save him from getting teed off on his fastballs

he was able to get out of the first after throwing one breaking ball that the hitter wasn't ready for...he was able to handle jenkins and lee in the beginning of the third by working in his breaking ball, then suddenly they went back to constant fastballs...a college team can tee off on an 87 MPH fastball when they know that the guy isn't going to throw his offspeed pitch...in the Pit game he worked it in a lot more and had hitters actually guessing instead of today where they knew what was coming
              got out of the 1st inning? his OUTS were to the warning track. You or I could have thrown better than he did.

screw it, no one on the staff pitched effectively today. aaradsma was nearly as bad as rusch.

Comment

History

I think that it is time for Dusty to send him packing or place him deep in the bullpen.

Comment

Originally posted by rockin500
                  got out of the 1st inning? his OUTS were to the warning track. You or I could have thrown better than he did.

screw it, no one on the staff pitched effectively today. aaradsma was nearly as bad as rusch.
                  his slider got the 3rd out to pop out to 2nd

Comment

I would be all for sending Rusch to Iowa and bringing up Hill. Reports on Hill have been that he has been doing great there and accumulating lots of K's with that knee-buckling curveball. I am a very strong believer in giving the kids a chance when one of the vets are struggling. Hill has earned the 2nd chance to come on up again.
                    Tinker, Evers, Chance & Steinfeldt: The nucleus of our elite World Series teams!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TRIPxCORE
                      I would be all for sending Rusch to Iowa and bringing up Hill. Reports on Hill have been that he has been doing great there and accumulating lots of K's with that knee-buckling curveball. I am a very strong believer in giving the kids a chance when one of the vets are struggling. Hill has earned the 2nd chance to come on up again.
                      It's highly unlikely Rusch would be sent to Iowa or designated for assignment. The Cubs just reupped his contract this offseason, if anything, Glendon goes to mop up man for the time being. With one of the kids in the pen going back to Iowa, someone like Aardsma . Then have Rich Hill taking his spot on the roster and Rusch's in the rotation.

It's quite a gamble to have 3 rookies (or close to it) in the rotation but desperate times call for desperate measures. And with Williams and Rusch imploding, why not give the kids the chance, they can do no worse than Jerome or Glendon. Until Kerry Wood and Prior/Miller return, this rotation is a large question mark besides the Professor.
                      What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
                      Line Drive: .356
                      HBP: .342
                      Non-Intentional Walk: .315
                      Intentional Walk: .176
                      Outfield Fly: .035
                      Groundball: -.101
                      Bunts: -.103
                      Infield Fly: -.243
                      Strikeout: -.287
                      It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

you realize this thread is the same thing as this thread:

http://www.baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=41844

suggesting a merger
                        RIP Dimebag, Mitch, John, & Grey Cat

AUXILIUM MEUM A DOMINO

Angel of Death
                        Monarch to the kingdom of the dead
                        Infamous butcher,
                        Angel of Death

Comment

I wanted to see a major league game

I went to Saturdays game and it was only my third game ive been to at Wrigley and I wanted to see a major league baseball game but Rusch pitched like he belonged in single A baseball. I wasn't expecting a 16-2 blowout. I still can't see straight I was so mad. I still am. Maddux and Marshall can't carry a whole team themselfs.
                          Can you say S O R I A N O !!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X