Bartman Replay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iowanic View Post
    I think if the cubs ever get to a world series, they should ask Bartman to throw out the first pitch in one of the games: I think it'd be a long-overdo way to say all's forgiven and let's move on.
    That's a good idea. I wonder if the Cubs would make the offer... and I wonder if Bartman would accept.
    X
    What's THAT guy doing?
    - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

Originally posted by DriftersGM View Post
      You watch that corner at fenway, when the Sox RF goes after a ball there the fans lean back - but when the BoSox are at bat the opposing fielder has to deal with the crowd leaning over... happens all the time.
      Could be some fans are different. Also in that Barytman play half a dozen others were going after that same ball, he was the unlucky one who made contact, they were all trying.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOELESSJOE3 View Post
        Could be some fans are different. Also in that Barytman play half a dozen others were going after that same ball, he was the unlucky one who made contact, they were all trying.
        yes, the drunks around him were worse than the one who got blamed, no doubt.
        Thats like, the pre-curse warning ahead of the dropped double play ball, then the full on curse kicking in the next day. That foul ball let cub fans know "here it comes" and sure as shootin there it went after that.
        I have Evan Longorias hat

Comment

Gonzalez was so solid defensively, too. That error was a real head scratcher, but if he makes that play, the Cubbies are going to the WS.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowanic View Post
            I think if the cubs ever get to a world series, they should ask Bartman to throw out the first pitch in one of the games: I think it'd be a long-overdo way to say all's forgiven and let's move on.
            They should do that anyway, WS or no.

Don't know if Bartman would accept. His sense of self-preservation might kick in. I know mine would. Although I'm sure security would be tight.
            It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Comment

It's amazing the kind of semi-mythological status Bartman has garnered. I think he hangs out with Richard Jewel mostly these days and maintains a Bruno Hauptman website. Kudos to the great idea for having Bartman throw out a first pitch, but it definitely should NOT be for a World Series game ... could you imagine if they lost the game (and the series)???

I have Eva Longoria's hair scrunchie!

Comment

Originally posted by CubbyBear62 View Post
                I think he hangs out with Richard Jewel mostly these days
                Richard Jewell passed away in 2007.
                X
                What's THAT guy doing?
                - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

Originally posted by War Paint View Post
                  I was watching espn news and they showed the Barman play for some reason.....
                  With that said, I watched it and to me, the dude with grey & black stripe shirt was more aggresive than poor old Barman.... He remains nameless and Bartman gets pooped on STILL ! l0l
                  Reminds me of the time the Phillies played at Wrigley and some jackass threw beer on Shane Victorino. Security threw out the WRONG GUY!! Don't know if they ever did catch the right one...
                  It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X