Bartman Replay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bartman Replay

I was watching espn news and they showed the Barman play for some reason.....
    With that said, I watched it and to me, the dude with grey & black stripe shirt was more aggresive than poor old Barman.... He remains nameless and Bartman gets pooped on STILL ! l0l

Bartman had the worst night of his life because the Cubs folded like a cheap suit. If they couldn't overcome a missed out opportunity they didn't deserve to go to the World Series. I still feel terrible for that guy.
    :cap: Everything from parking to peanuts at the ballgame...check out www.BallparkEGuides.com! :cap:

Comment

I agree completely. I'm embarrassed every time I see a Cubs fan take a shot at Bartman anymore. Honestly, the people keeping that alive the most are not even Cubs fans, but every once in a while you find a fan who embarrasses you like that. There were a huge number of other factors that played in, Dusty not doing anything, Prior giving up those runs, Alex Gonzalez booting the easy double play, and so on.

Comment

I still cant believe how fast people found out where he lived, I heard they had his house trashed even before he got home. Yeah I agree that other fan got off pretty easy.
        "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

Wow. I guess this must be the Cubbies' version of a post-season thread.

And I thought being a Mets fan was grim.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

As well you should...

Comment

Let alone the Cubs could have won the following game, too. Bartman had nothing to do with it. These guys caved for whatever reason. It happens. Blaming a fan is BS.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
                Wow. I guess this must be the Cubbies' version of a post-season thread.

And I thought being a Mets fan was grim.
                You probably should have taken note as to who started the thread. A Rangers fan.

Comment

Where is Bartman these days? Still in hiding? Has he even set foot in Chicago since all this went down?
                  It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Comment

Someone told me Bartman's part of the mets financial-office now...

Comment

Originally posted by Iowanic View Post
                      Someone told me Bartman's part of the mets financial-office now...
                      ...yeah, and I heard he's a card-carrying member of the Brewers fan club too.

He doesn't give interviews and stays out of the public eye. He's almost a mythological creature now. Anything we hear or read about him is probably just rumors and stuff writers make up to move copy. We'll probably never really know anything else about Bartman.
                      Your luck has expired. Please purchase new luck.

Comment

I said it as soon as I saw it, the problem was ALL the cub fans dont have postseason experience. In a city like New York or LA where fans have been to playoff games, the fans know to lean away from a ball the home team could get to. Since the cubs dont get to go to the October games, its no surprise that kind of thing happens. And yeah, the guy next to bartman deserved worse than steve got, but he wasnt in the center of the TV shot, and didnt instantly realize what he had done. Bartman seemed to know and slump down, which meant the angry crowd blamed him instead of the drunk next to him that caused more trouble by waving his arms at the ball.

Im surprised Alex Gonzalez never got his house trashed for blowing the double play ball hit just after the missed foul ball, THERE is where the curse really kicked in.
                        I have Evan Longorias hat

Comment

Barttman did what many fans do every game, yes including post season.Non issue.

Comment

I think if the cubs ever get to a world series, they should ask Bartman to throw out the first pitch in one of the games: I think it'd be a long-overdo way to say all's forgiven and let's move on.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOELESSJOE3 View Post
                              Barttman did what many fans do every game, yes including post season.Non issue.
                              You watch that corner at fenway, when the Sox RF goes after a ball there the fans lean back - but when the BoSox are at bat the opposing fielder has to deal with the crowd leaning over... happens all the time.
                              I have Evan Longorias hat

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X