Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impending frost in hell...

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com...ley-field.html

Frost in hell? What's the big deal? Fans can't possibly be opposed to simply renovating Wrigley.

I can see why they wouldn't want it *replaced*, but they've gotta allow it to be renovated...it happens to all parks sooner or later.

Especially, you know, with the chunks of concrete falling off and the netting to catch the bits and all that.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Comment

I'm all for a jumbo tron. To be totally honest, I wouldn't be totally against a new stadium as a whole, even though I do love Wrigley. However, getting the place updated is a must. I kind of laugh when I see Cubs fans complaining about advertisements being put around the park. The more ads, the more money, the better chance of the team spending that extra money to get some of those guys who can finally end the worst drought in sports history.

Comment

I don't mind a bunch of renovations. They need it. Actually, I'd prefer the Cubs play somewhere off-site for a year, bulldoze Wrigley and put up a new, state-of-the-art field in it's place. The quaintness of Wrigley is the ivy, the scoreboard, the facade and the fact that it's in a neighborhood. All that can be duplicated in the new one.

Comment

It can be copied....that's not quite the same thing as duplicated; which is impossible for the unique. There's one Elvis, just one Grand Canyon, Just one Wrigley field.

Comment

....and different people enjoying the afternoon and some beers at the ball park every home game. It's the atmosphere that needs to remain relatively the same, not the tiny locker rooms, the crappy, hard to get to batting cage, the bathrooms, the peeling paint or crumbling concrete.

Comment

You have a point there.

Not sure how a jumbotron will fix the bathrooms, though.
              Or are they planning on putting one in there, too?
              Last edited by Iowanic; 11-30-2010, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Not a Jumbotron, but perhaps we could get some individual LCD screens above each of the urinals, so we don't miss any of the game action when we have to take a leak. State of the art, Iowanic. State of the art!

Comment

Great....now the bathrooms will be even more crowded!

Comment

No! They'll be bigger and have more of them. That's the beauty of bulldozing and building from scratch.

Comment

Like burning down a forest....for a parking lot.

Comment

There is no forest. That's the beauty of playing off-site a year and building a new church right on the Wrigley site.

Comment

Sooner or later you are going to have to do a major face lift or build a new stadium.
                          Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Let's hope when that happens, they don't build a spaceship inside of Wrigley.

Comment

The forest is the church. Sometimes you have to break something to make a better thing.....and sometimes breaking is just breaking. Hopefully, cubs ownership is aware of the difference.....

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X