Ronnie Woo Woo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronnie Woo Woo

I just watched Santo's funeral and it was quite nice I shedded a tear for the man.... then WGN taints it by giving this mumbling crackhead significant air time. I cant believe the cubs actually allowed this degenerate into the funeral!!

Why do cubs fan embrace this stuttering idiot?
    Last edited by palehosery; 12-10-2010, 10:33 AM.

My dad goes to the cubs spring training every year and every year Ronnie WooWoo is there because some yo yos pay for his trip, ill never understand how this guy gets everything for free -- he even got new teeth from a dentist in Geneva Illinois.-- This guy just baffles me
    "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

He's part of the culture, tho frankly I think the culture would be better off without him. I could live with him up till the point he tried to make his scam a high paying career.

But this is Rons homecoming and lets not sully it with talk about this guy.

As a kid I threw papers and hustled all morning. Normally I'd make it to Wrigley for the day game. Then if the Sox were in town the old man would take me to the South side. Going to two games in a day is about as good as a childhood memory can get. I saw Ronnie hit many a home run. To this day I think he was the best high/inside fastball hitter Ive ever seen.
      "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

He's not sophisticated or a good speaker, but at the same time neither was Santo. It's the passion that Cubs fans get behind. Look at Harry Caray, he was sometimes barely able to put sentences together, but at the same time it was his imperfections that brought him so close to Cubs fans. I'm not a huge fan of Ronnie, and I know very few Cubs fans that see him as anything more than something to laugh at, but I at least respect him for his passion for the team. If Hawk Harrelson hadn't fallen so out of favor with every Sox fan I know over the last 5-10 years, then I'd use him as an example.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X