X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Sacamento
    replied
    Originally posted by rockin500
    i dont think he was doing much before the concussion. he was able to take walks, but his bat was pretty darned slow.
    Choi before the concussion was crushing the ball AND taking walks. In 49 games, he was 33 for 135, with 27 runs, 13 2B, 7 hr, 22 RBI, 29 bb, 48 k, .244/.389/.496/.885

After the concussion, Choi appeared in 31 games, going 11 for 67 with 4 runs, 4 2B, 1 hr, 6 rbi, 8 bb, 23 k, .164/.253/.269/.522

Leave a comment:

• CubBlue
    replied
    Choi = (mentally) damaged goods, Cubs should stay away from that.

Leave a comment:

• rockin500
    replied
    Originally posted by Slightly Sarcastic
    Choi hit .218 in 03, but had an OBP of .350. That's an Adam Dunn-esque difference.

He certainly needs to be platooned, given his career splits of .250/.353 against righties and .151/.311 against lefties.

And yes, he's got a career .240 avg, but he's also got a career .349 OBP. That certainly couldn't hurt right now.
    thats certainly true. but what would the cubs be willing to give for someone who is only going to be around for two months.

his OBP is certainly nice, but the cubs biggest problem has been facing lefties. and since choi cannot face lefties with much success.....

Leave a comment:

• Slightly Sarcastic
    replied
    Choi hit .218 in 03, but had an OBP of .350. That's an Adam Dunn-esque difference.

He certainly needs to be platooned, given his career splits of .250/.353 against righties and .151/.311 against lefties.

And yes, he's got a career .240 avg, but he's also got a career .349 OBP. That certainly couldn't hurt right now.

Leave a comment:

• rockin500
    replied
    Originally posted by Cubsfan97
    I wouldn't mind having Choi back. He did good for the time he was with us. That head injury is what really nailed him down.
    i dont think he was doing much before the concussion. he was able to take walks, but his bat was pretty darned slow.

Leave a comment:

• Cubsfan97
    replied
    I wouldn't mind having Choi back. He did good for the time he was with us. That head injury is what really nailed him down.

Leave a comment:

• RBi
    started a topic Hee Seop Choi back to the Cubs?

Hee Seop Choi back to the Cubs?

The rumor flying around the baseball world this afternoon is that the Cubs are close to aquiring Hee Seop Choi from the Red Sox. It would seem likely that the Red Sox would deal a first baseman considering that they have 3 (Youkillis, Snow and Choi). Choi is a career .240 hitter, so dont expect much.

I will provide more information as it is released.

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X