Our offense....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our offense....

is terrible right now. Cant hit lefties, cant seem to hit righties very well either, and cannot hit in clutch situations. Not to mention we havent had a homer in 6 games. Or when we do get something going, we run ourselves into outs.

I mean, i know our pitching isnt doing too well right now (with the exception of maddux and marshall) but pitching becomes easier when you have some runs to work with.

Something needs to be done, but what? Just frustrating watching the offense go completely to sleep.

out scored 45-5 in the last 6 games..

doing the math..
    that is:

7.5 to .83 per game....
    BELIEVE

Comment

Stop crying, your whining is so loud I can hear you through the speakers

What you need to do, instead, "rockin", is wake up and face the real world which you seem to be FARRRRRRR away from, hoping and praying for a MIRACLE to take place or something. Come back to the REAL world, where EVERYBODY is talking about the Cubs making moves, YES, EARLY in the season to help out the club. So after you have left your fantasy hoping for a miracle, we look forward to having you discuss possible trade scenarios with the fans in the real world.

See my thread, a REAL subject we can discuss. Again stop the whining please its truly pathetic.
      98 years of futility and counting...

Comment

Originally posted by CubsHub
        out scored 45-5 in the last 6 games..

doing the math..
        that is:

7.5 to .83 per game....
        thats certainly a factor: 7.5 runs per game given up. our offense was never really geared to come back from big early deficits and everyone but marshall in this past week have given us big deficits to overcome.

as for you cubblue, go back to whatever cave you came out of you troll.

Comment

Says the delusional, dreamy troll living in fantasy land

Funny how the prophet Cub Blue predicts what actually happens, yet the mockers never have the BALLS to admit they're wrong...I'd like to see how you talk to me in a bar when discussing sports, I'd bet you'd lose a couple of teeth

So, have you seen lately the news about the Cubs looking to make an early season trade? (actually discussions have been floating around for more than a week)

Comment

Better watch out for the Cubs making moves after the brilliant ones they made prior to the season: Picking up a RFer who can't hit LHers and a CF who can't get on-base and designating him the lead-off hitter.
            Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Originally posted by KCGHOST
              Better watch out for the Cubs making moves after the brilliant ones they made prior to the season: Picking up a RFer who can't hit LHers and a CF who can't get on-base and designating him the lead-off hitter.
              Because the Cubs are only limited to acquiring Jacque Jones types? Jones is trash, a lateral move and nothing more than youth over Burnitz.

Pierre is fine, you're just mad that I predicted it

Comment

Originally posted by CubBlue
                Says the delusional, dreamy troll living in fantasy land

Funny how the prophet Cub Blue predicts what actually happens, yet the mockers never have the BALLS to admit they're wrong...I'd like to see how you talk to me in a bar when discussing sports, I'd bet you'd lose a couple of teeth

So, have you seen lately the news about the Cubs looking to make an early season trade? (actually discussions have been floating around for more than a week)
                Are you talking about Juan Pierre?
                I recall you saying you "droll" over the thought....

but I do not recall reading you say it was going to happen?

I remember you begging for him in the MArlins forum.... but I must have missed where you said it was going to happen...

Besides, you can say 100 things are goin to happen, if 1 of them actually come true... that means you were 99% wrong.
                BELIEVE

Comment

Because the Cubs are only limited to acquiring Jacque Jones types? Jones is trash, a lateral move and nothing more than youth over Burnitz.

Pierre is fine, you're just mad that I predicted it
                  Predicting... and asking a question is 2 different things.. really, I liked you more when you talked about Carl Crawford...

oh and for what it is worth... you were talking about pulling off a mid season trade... june 10th is when you posted the question.. (not prediction)

If possible, what would it take to...(?)

(*drools*) Pull off a trade to get Juan Pierre in here! Yeah I know I know, I've been trade talk happy and I still think its essential to get a leadoff guy in here with some speed, who can put the bat on the ball.

I thought about this one, and trading across divisions isnt an impossible thing and we are not necessarily competing for the same thing, they can go after the division. So, does anyone know what FLorida NEEDS or would want? People may say pitching, but I want to know if this is a possiblity and WHO they would possibly want.

I still stand by giving away Mitre and Dubois, but Mitre would have to have a couple of more starts like his last game to improve his stock. Pierre also isnt having a great year so far so maybe we can steal him.

thoughts? discuss http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/NASAp...ayer_id=334393
                  BELIEVE

Comment

And there you see Derrek Lee's importance to the Cubs , the're nothing without him . And about the Homer Situation , you're a big time contact team now that Lee is injured , don't rely to nuch on homers to win your games but on good pitching and stellar Defense .

Comment

Originally posted by CubsHub
                      Predicting... and asking a question is 2 different things..
                      oh and for what it is worth... you were talking about pulling off a mid season trade... june 10th is when you posted the question.. (not prediction)
                      Just because I didn't say "ala kazam I telleth you inferiors thine Cubs shall maketh this trade" doesn't mean it isnt a form of a prediction. I called for Carl Crawford and Pierre because those were realistic trades that would be good fits, IMO. I see those players coming here and working out. If not, I'd be making Man Ram threads, Bobby Abreu threads, etc all day.

The bottom line is, what I thought was a good idea, the Cubs agreed with. Don't hate on the prophet

Comment

Since when are you the prophet? And do you want a cookie for your 50% accuracy or something? Seriously, give it a rest for five damn seconds.

Comment

The bottom line is, what I thought was a good idea, the Cubs agreed with. Don't hate on the prophet
                          I think it would be a good idea if the Cubs scored some runs.

So the next time any Cub crosses the plate I'm going to start calling myself a prophet too, regardless if they win the game or not.
                          Jerseys hanging in my den : Santo, Jenkins, Williams, Banks, Grace, Sandberg, Dawson, Eckersley, Sutcliffe, Wood, Prior, Zambrano, Lee

Oddly enough, I never bought a Sosa jersey, even during his best years.

Comment

Back to our offense........poor ol' Todd Walker's batting average has dropped like a rock. I feel bad for Derrek more than anything. I respect Derreck more than most of the past Cubs, except players like the Hawk and Ryno. He's sitting there dying to play and help our team but can't.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X