2011 Chicago Cubs Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iowanic View Post
    Cubbies take two of 3 from Nats: 3rd series win in a row. They are around .500 since the all-star break.
    Great. They can keep the same team next year and be around .500. That way they guarantee themselves another year of not being in the World Series.

Comment

And what things could they do this offseason that wouldn't guarantee them another year of not being in the World Series?

Comment

Originally posted by Ubiquitous View Post
        And what things could they do this offseason that wouldn't guarantee them another year of not being in the World Series?
        Nothing. They've got way too many moves that need to be made, including at the top. Keeping the status quo will just extend the futility another year longer yet.

Comment

We take another series: coming from behind today, despite numerous misplays.
          Go cubbies!!!

Comment

I'm more excited that they stopped Uggla's hitting streak. Heckuva play by Barney.

Comment

Originally posted by The Uncoach View Post
              Great. They can keep the same team next year and be around .500. That way they guarantee themselves another year of not being in the World Series.
              #2 just happened. They fired hendry.
              "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

Castro not paying attention.

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=18299867
                The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

He's already apologized and shown himself to be a classy young player.

Comment

So what's the point of resigning organization people when they haven't even hired a new GM yet? That doesn't make much sense. I will say that, as quiet as it is, this must bode well for having some significant interest from at least 1 GM from the teams in the playoff hunt.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X