Aramis Ramirez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aramis Ramirez

What happened to Aramis Ramirez's power output? He is usually good for 20-30 home runs a year, but this year he is not hitting anything for power.

What's up with him?

Originally posted by Cowtipper View Post
    What happened to Aramis Ramirez's power output? He is usually good for 20-30 home runs a year, but this year he is not hitting anything for power.

What's up with him?

He will probaly start hitting when the Cubs are way out of the race like he does every year.
    "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

Why would his power numbers be good this year? There's nobody hitting directly in front or behind him in the order that would require me as a manager to tell my pitcher to pitch to him. He isn't going to see squat all year long.

Comment

Didn't Castro hit in front of him for a few games?

Comment

Not long after I started this thread, Ramirez goes on a tear and is now at 15 home runs on the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowtipper View Post
            Not long after I started this thread, Ramirez goes on a tear and is now at 15 home runs on the year.
            Yeah per his history he usually starts playing when the weather hits 80% in July. Ouwies notwithanding. I think he's a team option in '12 at 16 m, but clearly his best years are behind him and he is not worth 16 m. If he wants to stay in Chicago enough to take a 2 year 16 m deal then I say keep him. Otherwise ??

The teams future is youth. They need a new GM with a plan and the fans needs patience. To bad they cant deal him now to a conter and get some talented kids in the system, but like all Hendrys move he has a no trade clause.
            "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

With Placido Polanco possibly not playing and some all-stars roster juggling, I can't see why Scott Rolen was selected as an injury replacement instead of Aramis Ramirez, based on their current offensive productivity.
              Last edited by philliesfiend55; 07-10-2011, 08:05 AM.

Comment

There is no real reason not to bring him back next year.

Aramis is in the top 25 of the NL for offense and is only 1 run behind Starlin for the team lead (and if we go just by bat then he is still in the top 25 and is the team leader). I also believe that only 1 other third basemen is ahead of him and that is Chase Headley of Arizona.

If you don't bring him back for next year who are they going to get to replace that production and how is not going to cost even more? With Aramis it is 14 million dollars and only one year to get that production. With a FA you're going to have give them years plus money and there is simply no one out there on the FA market that is going to be as close to as good as Aramis.

Comment

Im showing a 16 m club option with a 2 m buy out. http://mlbcontracts.blogspot.com/200...768677294.html

So its up to the Cubs if they want him back but it will cost them 16 m. Right now Aramis is the 2nd highest paid 3b in MLB and next year he will make even more. Thing is is he worth being paid 2nd highest in baseball ? Thing is do the Cubs have the leeway to spend 16 m when they are saddled with so many bad contracts protected by no trades ? Can they spend 16 m on 3rd base when their starting rotation is a shambles, their closer is a disaster, and both their GM and manager are incompetant ?

I always liked Aramis but I think he's not worth 16 m and the Cubs cant afford him in '12. They are way to short of arms in their minor league system and they are going to have to make some off season moves to improve their pitching.

Originally posted by Ubiquitous View Post
                  There is no real reason not to bring him back next year.

Aramis is in the top 25 of the NL for offense and is only 1 run behind Starlin for the team lead (and if we go just by bat then he is still in the top 25 and is the team leader). I also believe that only 1 other third basemen is ahead of him and that is Chase Headley of Arizona.

If you don't bring him back for next year who are they going to get to replace that production and how is not going to cost even more? With Aramis it is 14 million dollars and only one year to get that production. With a FA you're going to have give them years plus money and there is simply no one out there on the FA market that is going to be as close to as good as Aramis.
                  "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

Originally posted by Whitesoxnut View Post
                    Im showing a 16 m club option with a 2 m buy out. http://mlbcontracts.blogspot.com/200...768677294.html

So its up to the Cubs if they want him back but it will cost them 16 m.
                    If the Cubs want him back it will cost the 14 million dollars since they have already agreed to give him 2 million regardless of whether he comes back or not.

Thing is is he worth being paid 2nd highest in baseball ? Thing is do the Cubs have the leeway to spend 16 m when they are saddled with so many bad contracts protected by no trades ? Can they spend 16 m on 3rd base when their starting rotation is a shambles, their closer is a disaster, and both their GM and manager are incompetant ?
                    Doesn't really matter if he is the most highest paid or the least what matters is who they can get to replace his production and for how much and for how long.

I always liked Aramis but I think he's not worth 16 m and the Cubs cant afford him in '12. They are way to short of arms in their minor league system and they are going to have to make some off season moves to improve their pitching.
                    If the Cubs don't bring him back then that is another hole the Cubs will have to fix for next year. So now the Cubs will have to get a RF'er, 1B, 3B, relievers, and if you are correct starting pitchers. If the Cubs pick up ARam's option they have snagged the best available third baseman on the market and it will only cost 14 million and only for one year.

Comment

A team willing to spend 16 m on a 3d baseman while sporting a team era of 4.63 is out of their minds. There is no quick fix for any of this. Its two years in a row where they absolutly suck. Its time for a new philosophy of building from within, starting with getting more good young arms in your system. It will take time but this will end up being a very good team in 3 to 5 years. Which Cubs fans should be able to endure while standing on their heads.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitesoxnut View Post
                        A team willing to spend 16 m on a 3d baseman while sporting a team era of 4.63 is out of their minds. There is no quick fix for any of this. Its two years in a row where they absolutly suck. Its time for a new philosophy of building from within, starting with getting more good young arms in your system. It will take time but this will end up being a very good team in 3 to 5 years. Which Cubs fans should be able to endure while standing on their heads.
                        If it is going to take 3 to 5 years then what does it matter if they bring Aramis back or not next year?

Comment

Originally posted by Ubiquitous View Post
                          If it is going to take 3 to 5 years then what does it matter if they bring Aramis back or not next year?
                          They can use the 14 m towards youth and the future instead of spending it on a 3rd baseman for a team with no chance. They just traded their leadoff hitter for the same reasons, and even saved a few bucks in the process. Maybe Hendry is learning. "Build from within", I wish the Whitesox would learn that lesson a little more too.

Unfortunatly Hendry couldnt "blow up" the club even if he wanted to. There are to many overpriced contracts and no trades in the Cubs organization. They are going to have to start letting some of their big money guys go their way. If were lucky they will fire their manager in the OS and move Hendry some place where he cant hurt anything, like President or something, for his last year. Best would be trading Aramis now, with his consent, and getting some quality youth back for him. If theres ever been a poster child for a team that must stop spending and start rebuilding its the Cubbies.

Comment

Cubs picked up the option on Aramis but Aramis is likely to decline his side and go to FA.

Comment

This worked out well.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X