Are you Worried

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you Worried

We are playing the Giants on tuesday and Bonds needs just one homerun to time Babe Ruth.
    2007 World Series Prediction Chicago Cubs Win against Detroit Tigers

Originally posted by ArealBASEBALLfan
    We are playing the Giants on tuesday and Bonds needs just one homerun to time Babe Ruth.
    No, not worried at all, if any team is bound to give up the tying (or breaking) homerun; it's the Cubs. We allowed Mac to break the single season homer record off of Trachsel, giving up the homer to break the lefthanded homerun record to Bonds would be suiting. Plus with our history with Ruth (calling his shot, shutting us out in the WS, etc), it'll be interesting press.
    What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
    Line Drive: .356
    HBP: .342
    Non-Intentional Walk: .315
    Intentional Walk: .176
    Outfield Fly: .035
    Groundball: -.101
    Bunts: -.103
    Infield Fly: -.243
    Strikeout: -.287
    It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

Originally posted by ArealBASEBALLfan

Well, if he can wait one series, he'll be able to do it against the rival Dodgers considering they are in SF after the Cub series.
      Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go!
      Hey Chicago, whaddya say?
      The Cubs are gonna win today!

Comment

I'm more worried about how the Cubs are playing right now. Our hitters have lost their confidence.

Comment

I'm guessing Bonds will hit his 714th May 11th, he hit one yesterday and he hasn't hit them very frequently this season.

Comment

Maybe all the attention being paid to Bonds will take some heat off the teams losing streak. BTW, this time last year we had a similar loosing streak.

Comment

I don't really care about Bonds passing Ruth. I barely care about him passing Aaron anymore.

But when it comes to the Cubs, I'm always worried.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big C
                I don't really care about Bonds passing Ruth. I barely care about him passing Aaron anymore.

I agree on all counts.
                Jerseys hanging in my den : Santo, Jenkins, Williams, Banks, Grace, Sandberg, Dawson, Eckersley, Sutcliffe, Wood, Prior, Zambrano, Lee

Oddly enough, I never bought a Sosa jersey, even during his best years.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big C

I think most all of us will agree on those accords. The Cubs right now just frighten me, even more than I had expected going into the season (and I didn't think they'd be too good then either).

My two cents on Bonds, I don't really care if he breaks the records (LH homers, or total homers). The total homers will fall shortly after by either ARod or Pujols; and as a Cubs' fan I do care if Pujols breaks the record.
                  It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

I don't want him to hit it, not for the fact that it will tie Ruth but for the fact that will be at least one more run we need to score to win. If Bonds passes up Ruth I don't care. He will eventually be caught with steroids and then it won't matter becuase everyone will know what a lying, filthy cheater he is.
                    "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
                    -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
                    -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Comment

Originally posted by Cubsfan97
                      If Bonds passes up Ruth I don't care. He will eventually be caught with steroids and then it won't matter becuase everyone will know what a lying, filthy cheater he is.
                      Bonds has plenty of smoking guns in his closet but still he was NEVER CAUGHT with steroids REDHANDED or tested POSITIVE (unlike a former Cubs' 1B prospect). And unless the Mitchell investigation actually turns something up, he'll have never been found guilty of anything more than circumstancial evidence. It'll be like the OJ Simpson fiasco, except with no murdering besides the integrity of baseball.

Comment

Bb

We all know they are gonna walk him.
                        They already walk everybody else. I hope everyone walks him for the rest of his career and never gets another hit the rest of his life. either that or he should be kicked out of the game. Thats just my opinion.
                        Can you say S O R I A N O !!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X