1908 World Series Awards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1908 World Series Awards

Hello, I am new to the forum. Just wanted to share photos of my 1908 World Series Cubs awards. My great grandfather, Charles G. Williams, was the Secretary- Treasurer for the Cubs for approx. 14 years, during the time in which they won the World Series in 1908.
    Attached Files

I saw that you were in todays Chicago Suntimes, I was surprised how cheap there selling for. I think they were going for 20 grand. That was todays paper . If you do sell em I hope you get more, I would think they are worth alot more.
    Last edited by chicagowhitesox1173; 07-07-2011, 08:15 PM.
    "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

The items are being auctioned through Hunt Auctions so there is no limit to the final price; the highest bidder will win the auction. I am hoping that they go for more also, as I think they are quite rare and significant pieces.

Comment

Yeah I wish you luck, Those items were a big topic in my neighborhood yesterday. Thats pretty cool how you made the Suntimes yesterday. I was shocked seeing you in the paper and then on here. Did you know that you made the Chicago Suntimes?
        "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

Yes, the Chicago Sun Times contacted me for an interview. Also, I was contacted by Phil Rogers from the Chicago Tribune; that article appeared in the July 9th paper. http://http://articles.chicagotribun...fficial-scorer

Comment

That stuff is awesome. Welcome. Look forward to your postings.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X