Big Z gets ejected and then retires!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Z gets ejected and then retires!

Carlos served up 5 homers tonight and cleaned out his locker and said he was retiring.

I'm sure it is just Carlos being Carlos and he'll be back but at this point it would be nice to take his salary off the books.

Does the front office have any patience left for this?

Comment

When you owe someone 24 million more dollars and nobody is willing to take them off your hands you tend to have a lot of patience.

Comment

Once a Loon always a Loon. If the Cubs werent so afraid of offending the Latin community he would have been gone a long time ago. The funny thing? Next time your at Wrigley take a look around and see how many Hispanic faces you see. This guy was a preemadonna loser from the get-go. Its always been "all about Carlos". I swear the guy has the emotional state of a 5yo.

Its time to end this. He said he's retireing, then stop paying him and make him sue to recover any wages. Either way make him go away.
        "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

Originally posted by Ubiquitous View Post
          When you owe someone 24 million more dollars and nobody is willing to take them off your hands you tend to have a lot of patience.
          The question is why do they owe him $24 mil in the first place. Answer that question correctly and it's easy to see where a big part of the problem is with this club.

Comment

Because the Cubs are not time travelers?

Comment

Because the Cubs are not time travelers?
              He had significant issues before the current contract he signed.

Comment

Its time for the Cubs to move on, and in many ways. Parting with this GM is another way.

The heck with it, bring Coleman kid up and let him throw. 15 m a year man kids arent the teams future anyways.
                "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

Originally posted by The Uncoach View Post
                  He had significant issues before the current contract he signed.
                  He signed the extension in August of 2007. What significant issues did he have before that?

The fight with Barrett? That is why they shouldn't have given one of the best pitchers (at the time) in the game a contract extension?

Comment

He signed the extension in August of 2007. What significant issues did he have before that?

The fight with Barrett? That is why they shouldn't have given one of the best pitchers (at the time) in the game a contract extension?
                    No thanks. Google is your friend.

Comment

Google has 20/20 hindsight?

Comment

Lol I remember all the "enablers" here back when Zambrano started a clubhouse fistfight with his catcher and all but ran him out of the city. Time after time voices here in this forum made exuses for him while I kept calling him a bum. I thought he was a bum in the Barret incident too, but was the only one who did. Ive done the same with Ozzie Guillen after he's pulled some of his stunts. And I thought he was wrong then despite having played on the south side and delivering a WS. Chicago sports fans are the ultimate enablers.

Fact is there's a double standard. A white kid from Oklahoma would have been ran out 1/2 dozen stunts ago. I for one thing this is a great thing and the first step toward returning the Cubs to a top organization. Now just get rid of the idiot who kept giving him 91 m in '07. Need more reasons ? http://www.bleachernation.com/2011/0...re-jim-hendry/ And while were at it we could use a new GM on the south side too. One with brains instead of one who thinks he has more then anyone else in MLB.

Comment

Racecard fail.

Try again, nut.

Comment

In his prime, despite the melt-downs, Big Z was a fine pitcher, well above average and let's not forget, for a pitcher, a fine hitter (not an auotmatic out). But that was a long time ago, and any pros vs. cons assessments would support him leaving the team. Now making that happen financially is another matter...

Comment

Last year is forever ago.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X