Thinking of becoming a Cub fan...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of becoming a Cub fan...

I am a lifelong baseball fan. Going on 40 years. But I've never really been a fan of any one team. I kind of like everybody. But I live in the heart of the Yankee/Red Sox rivalry and I am constantly getting flack for not picking a side. Truth is I don't really want to pick either of them. Further truth is I'm sick of both of them. But the fanatics got me thinking maybe I should pick a team. That said I have decided that I want an NL team because its a purer form of the game. Being a purist I could never truly get behind any of the "newer" teams. To make a long story short I am leaning towards the Cubbies. I could totally get behind a club that needs so desperately to win a title. I'm an underdog lovin kind of dude. Anyway I just wondered what the Cub faithful would think. Thoughts?

Welcome aboard! The more the merrier!!

I'm certain we're just about ready to turn things around......more or less....

Comment

Why would you bring upon yourself a life of misery and disapointment if you have a choice in the matter?

If you are looking for a team to root for - there is a small midwest city team just SW of Chicago that has to battle significantly larger markets and often times larger payrolls to be competative...but somehow almost always has for 90 years. I'd go with them!
      Last edited by Bothrops Atrox; 09-15-2011, 06:08 AM.
      1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015

The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
      The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

Comment

Originally posted by BoxSeatsSuck View Post
        I am a lifelong baseball fan. Going on 40 years. But I've never really been a fan of any one team. I kind of like everybody. But I live in the heart of the Yankee/Red Sox rivalry and I am constantly getting flack for not picking a side. Truth is I don't really want to pick either of them. Further truth is I'm sick of both of them. But the fanatics got me thinking maybe I should pick a team. That said I have decided that I want an NL team because its a purer form of the game. Being a purist I could never truly get behind any of the "newer" teams. To make a long story short I am leaning towards the Cubbies. I could totally get behind a club that needs so desperately to win a title. I'm an underdog lovin kind of dude. Anyway I just wondered what the Cub faithful would think. Thoughts?
        You could be just as miserable being a Mets Fan and Citi Field is a lot closer if you live in Yankee/Red Sox territory! The Mets have done something the Yankees will NEVER be able to do- beat the Red Sox in the World Series. Win/Win for you. That said the Chicago Cubs are also a fine choice.

Comment

There's a LOT of minor league baseball in New England, including a legendary developemental league. Maybe you could support a home town team? Be careful, if affiliated you'll probably end up a fan of the team it's affiliated to.

Comment

To the Giants guy: I do love minor league ball but our local club is a AA Astros team... umm no thanks. Nothing against the Stros but those Tide uniforms... ugghh.
            At the Mets guy: I like the Amazins you raise a good point. I'll sleep on it.
            At the Cards guy: I liked Ozzie when I was a kid but I have always been firmly on the Cub side of the rivalry. I will enjoy seeing Pujols run out of the home dugout at Wrigley next year though.
            At the Cubs guy: I agree, they are on the cusp. Z has to go. But one more big bat, two solid starters and a little pen reinforcment and I think they are a contender.

Comment

At the Cards guy: I liked Ozzie when I was a kid but I have always been firmly on the Cub side of the rivalry. I will enjoy seeing Pujols run out of the home dugout at Wrigley next year though.
              At the Cubs guy: I agree, they are on the cusp. Z has to go. But one more big bat, two solid starters and a little pen reinforcment and I think they are a contender.
              1. Pujols isn't going to the Cubs
              2. If "only" needing a big bat, 2 good starters, and bullpen help makes a team "on the cusp" - then 3/4 of the teams in the league are "on the cusp" IF the Cardinals had 2 more good starters, another big bat and a better bullpen, the would be battling the Phillies for leagues best record.
              3. Remember - you are choosing this lifestyle. Don't expect anyone to feel sorry for you later.
              1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015

The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
              The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X