Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Dusty Survive to the All-Star Game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rainout
    Also I do believe the Cubs have Grady Little employed in a minor league instructional capacity.
    Too late for Grady Little...he's the manager of the Dodgers.

Comment

Originally posted by GaryL
      Too late for Grady Little...he's the manager of the Dodgers.
      I think he can handle 2 teams at once.

Actually I was trying to remember who was managing the Dodgers and never found out. Guess that'll show me.

Comment

Dusty thinks it's all bad luck.

No, they are GIVING games away by PLAYING DUMB. What is a manager for but to keep that from happening?

Comment

Maybe if things continue to go South as fast as they are we can hope for the "Trifecta": launching Dusty, Hendry, and Andy McPhail (that's if anybody can actually locate McPhail, now that the sailing season is starting up).

Do you realize that this is McPhail's TWELVETH YEAR at the helm! During that time, we've seen the expansion Marlins win TWO World Series titles, the expansion Diamondback win a World Series, the Boston Red Sox win a World Series, and last year, the White Sox win a World Series with a payroll substanially less than the Cubs.

And what the Cubs desperately need is new ownership. We need a real, live person owning the team - not some unresponsive corporate entity. When the White Sox are going bad, eveyone takes it out on Reinsdorf, and, guess what? He reacts! Same with Steinbrenner. With the Cubs, the little if any criticism you hear directed against ownership just dissipates off of the Tribune corporate entity. NO ONE IS FEELING THE HEAT! Can you imagine what the outcry against Reinsdorf would be if the White Sox went into the tank like we're seeing right now with the Cubs? People would be calling for his scalp. And you know he'd react - heads would be rolling as we speak!

But not with the Cubs. You can't really rail against McPhail - he's not the owner. And the Tribune bigwigs? They could care less. All they know is that McPhail must be doing a good job, because the Cubs are making a lot of money...so the disaster goes on and on and on. Heads should have rolled last year after the disasterous fourth place finish behind the Brewers - with a 39 mil payroll! But no, what did we hear all last winter? Talks of contract extensions for all the people responsible for the disaster!

Comment

#4. He will end up being the scapegoat, but it is Hendry who really needs to go along with Dusty. Dusty's act is just so pathetic, I just can't understand how he even got to be a manager.

Comment

Originally posted by Ubiquitous
              My top picks were/are Larry Dierker, Davey Johnson, or Mike Hargrove. But Hargrove hasn't impressed me in years so he is sort of off the list. Whatever the cubs do though what they should not do is hire Brenly to be the manager he is atrocious.
              Hargrove is horrible. He is the classic underachiever sitting on his @$$ in the dugout without a clue. Ask the Tribe and OH'S.

Yes, Brenly is horrible, too.

Comment

Dusty gone....

Valentine/Pinella, u pick 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by BronxBoy
                  Dusty gone....

Valentine/Pinella, u pick 'em.
                  That is two good choices.

Comment

I think Dusty should be gone, but I doubt it will happen. Hendry is Dusty's biggest fan. The only way it will happen is if the Trib cans McPhail and Hendry. Personally I would like to see Sweet Lou in there.

Comment

Pinella/Valentine -- both cut from the same cloth as the last good Cubs manager, Dallas Green.

Comment

Originally posted by BronxBoy
                        Pinella/Valentine -- both cut from the same cloth as the last good Cubs manager, Dallas Green.
                        I agree...except I think you mean "General Manager." Dallas Greene was never the field manager.

I'll take either Piniella or Valentine!

Comment

They just flat out suck! It's sad to admit but I'm actually happy my 3.5 yr old likes basketball more than baseball. Very sad coming from a life long Cub fan, but hey They've sucked forever and will continue to live up to the stigma of the reputation they have had foreeeever.
                          What two words strike fear into every Cubs fan?
                          Oh, no.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X