Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What other teams are you watching this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What other teams are you watching this season?

Decades of being a Cub fan will enable you the Baseball wisdom to keep an eye on other teams; don't misunderstand I will forever be first and foremost a Cub fan! That being said being old enough to still remember the Mets rivelry I cannot ever bring myself to watch their games unless they are playing my number two team the Disastros. However when the Expos moved to DC I vowed to watch some of their games and vowed to watch even more of them this Season.

So obviously my answer is

Lastros
    Nationals

However I do wonder if the number two spot will be taken by the Fish if they move to San Antonio. If that happens I hope they use their Minor League teams name, The Mission. Either way I think that will force me to watch four different teams every season.

If you are even thinking of replying with a Junior League team please go commit suicide and spare us the torture and humiliation.

I am now ready to accept all of your beatings and criticisms.
    "I believe in the soul ... the small of a woman's back, the hanging curveball, high fiber, good scotch, that the novels of Susan Sontag are self-indulgent, overrated crap. I believe Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone. I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter."

The Other teams I like are the following

Red Sox
    Royals
    Blue Jays
    Rockies
    Mariners
    Athletics
    Devil Rays
    Mets
    Indians

With all of them I'm bound to win every other year. lol.
    "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
    -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
    -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Comment

Teams I follow?

I check the scores on every game that involves a team from the NL Central...

But teams I watch?

Only the team that is beating my beloved cubbies. (that day)

BELIEVE

Comment

Originally posted by CubsHub
        Teams I follow?

I check the scores on every game that involves a team from the NL Central...

But teams I watch?

Only the team that is beating my beloved cubbies. (that day)

Well being out here in the Northwest, I really don't have much of an option. It's either the Cubs on WGN or the Mariners on FSN. And I have run across quite a few Cubs and Braves fans out here, just shows the power of cable television.

As for teams that I follow, I follow the minor leagues (especially our own) more so than the majors. But I do root for two teams, the Cubs and whoever plays the Cardinals.
        What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
        Line Drive: .356
        HBP: .342
        Non-Intentional Walk: .315
        Intentional Walk: .176
        Outfield Fly: .035
        Groundball: -.101
        Bunts: -.103
        Infield Fly: -.243
        Strikeout: -.287
        It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

Sadly, we are watching the basketball playoffs. I'm so thoroughly disgusted with the Cubs this year, I haven't really been watching (or listening) , even when I have time too....
          What two words strike fear into every Cubs fan?
          Oh, no.

Comment

I always watch the Braves on TBS a fair amount. If I didn't hate the FSN anouncers I would watch the Tigers more. Whenever there's a rivalry on ESPN I try to watch that too.

Comment

I try to watch the Cards when Pujols comes to the plate because he is the only thing I like about the Cardinals.
              Can you say S O R I A N O !!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X