Mark Prior: When is he due back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Prior: When is he due back?

Wood is back this Wednesday but I never seem to hear whats going on with Prior. Did he drop off the face of the earth?
    Find Hundreds of sports columns, news, and opinions from around the world at one place:
    http://www.thesportsperspective.com

This probably belongs in the Cubs forum, but, Wood is actually going to start Thursday. As for Prior, he's supposed to throw a simulated game sometime soon. If all goes well in that, hopefully a rookie league game, then a rehab assignment.

Comment

From what I've heard, he's doing a sim game on Sunday, and they'll go from there. He's done a few bullpen sessions, and says he wants to be back with the Cubs by the end of the month.
      "Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

It seems to me like Prior's shoulder strain was more than a shoulder strain. Keeping him out this long? It just seems a little strange to me, that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipsander
          It seems to me like Prior's shoulder strain was more than a shoulder strain. Keeping him out this long? It just seems a little strange to me, that's all.

I have to agree with you, a strain is nothing really to keep you out this long..could it be some kind of conspiracy towards the Cub fans? I've noticed that Rothschild has said that he will probably be back mid-may...well we are there now and still no word. Hopefully they are just being VERY carefull.

Comment

froghat, i have nothing on the condition of mark prior at this time, but i'm loathe to break this bit of bad news to you. lonesome dave is dead. take it easy.
            smoker

Comment

Here's awesome news:

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/NASApp/m...=.jsp&c_id=chc

Comment

Prior is about 3 weeks away, with Miller behind him less than a week. Of course that isn't taking into consideration of any setbacks.
                What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
                Line Drive: .356
                HBP: .342
                Non-Intentional Walk: .315
                Intentional Walk: .176
                Outfield Fly: .035
                Groundball: -.101
                Bunts: -.103
                Infield Fly: -.243
                Strikeout: -.287
                It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

Oh yeah, I'm getting anxious now! I just hope they can all stay healthy. I don't believe I remember what its like to have Maddux, Wood, Prior, and Zambrano all be in the staff at the same time.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X