Starlin Castro accused of sexuul misconduct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starlin Castro accused of sexuul misconduct

I just heard about this on the The Score am670 here in Chicago in sure more details will come of this.

I guess last fall some girl was passed out and he sexualy assualted her, not sure if there will be charges filed.
    Last edited by chicagowhitesox1173; 01-06-2012, 06:09 AM.
    "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

With charges like this looming its hard to believe he's gonna have a decent year being the head case he is.

No charges have been filed yet on him but I doubt this story will go away.
    Last edited by chicagowhitesox1173; 01-06-2012, 06:13 AM.
    "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

Castro wanted for questioning by police:

CHICAGO (CBS) — WBBM Newsradio has learned that Chicago Cubs shortstop Starlin Castro has been accused of sexually assaulting a woman after a night of drinking last fall.

As WBBM Newsradio’s Mike Krauser reports exclusively, the alleged victim is a Chicago woman in her 20s. No criminal charges have been filed, but Castro is reportedly wanted for questioning by Chicago Police.
      http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/01/...exual-assault/
      The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

I think everyone should read the story before commenting. I can see this either way.

Comment

Originally posted by PVNICK View Post
          I think everyone should read the story before commenting. I can see this either way.
          I'm going by the Chicago news. I dont know that he's guilty but there's something going on with this story because of the way he flew back to his home country like that. But maybe he was planning on going back within 12 hours of the attack.

Comment

Originally posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
            I'm going by the Chicago news. I dont know that he's guilty but there's something going on with this story because of the way he flew back to his home country like that. But maybe he was planning on going back within 12 hours of the attack.
            sort of like the French politician Dominique something or other with the maid in NYC.

Comment

The accuser is the ex-roommate of a friend of mine. I've met her, and I can say with confidence that Castro is going to be fine as far as the legal aspects go.

Comment

Originally posted by Mild Sauce View Post
                The accuser is the ex-roommate of a friend of mine. I've met her, and I can say with confidence that Castro is going to be fine as far as the legal aspects go.
                Her past may get him off legaly, but that doesn't mean she wasn't attacked. People with shady pasts (even issues with lying) get assaulted all the time.
                1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015

The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
                The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

Comment

Originally posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
                  With charges like this looming its hard to believe he's gonna have a decent year being the head case he is.

No charges have been filed yet on him but I doubt this story will go away.
                  Headcase? Are we still talking about Castro or the moron Cubs just rid themselves of (Zambrano)?

Comment

Cardinals and White Sox fans talking doom and gloom about Cubs players. Hmmm. What a surprise.

I think it would be wise to just let the facts be found out by the investigators and then make comments.

Comment

Originally posted by The Uncoach View Post
                      Cardinals and White Sox fans talking doom and gloom about Cubs players. Hmmm. What a surprise.

I think it would be wise to just let the facts be found out by the investigators and then make comments.
                      I am not talking about "doom" or "gloom." I don't care what team Castro plays for, honestly. I just think the "of course he didn't do it - his accuser has a shady past" argument is just as irresponsible as those who think he is guilty just because he was accused. I have no idea if he is guilty or not. The important thing is: somebody here is doing something very crummy. One, if they committed physical assault and the other if they committed character assault. I'll leave the appropriate people to figure out which and pray that nobody in the two groups of people I mentioned prior are among those people.
                      1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015

The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
                      The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

Comment

Not bringing charges. Whodathunkit?

http://espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/story...-assault-claim

Comment

doesnt matter if this would have been a distraction or not...cubs are the worst team in baseball or at very least top 3

Comment

Yep. Not very good this year. I think they knew that as they were casting people off. It's going to take another year or 2 to get more pitching, too.

Comment

People have been known to get away with things, and people have been known to fabricate stories about all manner of things. No one here knows enough about the matter to comment with any authority.

Hopefully Castro has a good season without these sorts of distractions.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X