Jason Jaramillo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason Jaramillo

I heard he was traded to the Cubs from the Pirates, where is he going to start out at? Reason I ask is, I am a huge Oklahoma State fan and watched Jaramillo when he was there.

I don't know the answer to that but I think Jaramillo could make some major league team a good backup catcher this year.
    He was a second round pick by the Phillies in 2004 and signed for about $600,000. He was one of the best college catchers in the country that year.
    I was always surpised by the Phillies decision to let him go (they traded him to the Pirates for Ronnie Paulino in the offseason of 2008-09 and then Paulino was subsequently traded during Spring Training 2009). Jaramillo had spent two full seasons in the Phillies farm system at AAA and it was surprsing that they never gave him a chance in the majors. Jaramillo's major leagues debut came in 2009 with Pittsburgh.
    If the Cubs have actually acquired him you should see him in a Cub uniform sometime ths season, if not by Opening Day.

Comment

is he related to the hitting coach rudy jaramillo?
      I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

I follow Phillies prospects pretty closely, and in the five years that Jason Jaramillo was in the Phillies' farm system, I never heard or read that he was related to the hitting coach. - So they are probably not related.

Comment

March 29 he was traded to Milwaukee.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X