Why all the injuries?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why all the injuries?

In all my years of watching any sport, I have never seen a team have as many injuries as the Cubs seem to hgave had the past few years. My question is why do we have so many injuries. Its got to be something. Is it the training, coaching, what? Is there a injury curse I don't know about? I originally took Prior and Wood as just people often injured, but then Pagan gets injured, then Lee. How does this happen. I know they are unstoppable with Lee and Pagan, but if it happens to our players, why doesnt it happen to anyone else. How come no one ever accidentally rams into Pujols?
    "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
    -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
    -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Maybe our warm up programs need to be redone. I guess the problem is just coincidence, but maybe not.

Comment

Some of it like Lee and Prior elbow last season are just freak accidents. Cubs curse? Maybe.

I know a couple seasons ago that the Cubs had a training staff that was improperly trained to do the job. They weren't even certified trainers but the Cubs hired them because they were cheap. So typical, right?
      Tinker, Evers, Chance & Steinfeldt: The nucleus of our elite World Series teams!!!!

Comment

Yea this sucks. We need to get better training staff. Not to mention Nomar and Aramis were some other inuries.
        "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
        -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
        -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Comment

Originally posted by Cubsfan97
          In all my years of watching any sport, I have never seen a team have as many injuries as the Cubs seem to hgave had the past few years.
          2003-2005 Cleveland Browns. 2003 Cincinnati Reds. 2005 Los Angelos Dodgers set all kinds of records for pro sports with injuries.
          RIP Dimebag, Mitch, John, & Grey Cat

AUXILIUM MEUM A DOMINO

Angel of Death
          Monarch to the kingdom of the dead
          Infamous butcher,
          Angel of Death

Comment

Originally posted by Ravenlord
            2003-2005 Cleveland Browns. 2003 Cincinnati Reds. 2005 Los Angelos Dodgers set all kinds of records for pro sports with injuries.
            Please. That's just your excuse for them sucking. Remember Courtney Brown? Yeah, the biggest bust of all time, a #1 overall pick with less than 20 sacks in 6 seasons played=pathetic. Now, don't get me wrong, because I pull for the (pseudo) Browns to do well, sure I'm a bit angry that they took Braylon Edwards and we were forced to take Benson, but I'm over that and hope your team does well with Crenell.

Your QB position has been terrible for a long time, and it still is. You can't blame picking busts and bad QB play on injuries. Yeah, Braylon got injured last year but you never had a shot anyway by that point. So how do you take care of your QB situation? ....... not much. Your team had a solid opportunity to go after Culpepper but didn't go for it.

No offense to the (pseudo) Browns, but they are no 2005 Bears, meaning, they don't have such a good D that they can succeed off of that alone. As for the Reds? LOL, won't even go there, Griffey's history speaks for itself so I agree on that one.
            98 years of futility and counting...

Comment

Courntey played well for my Broncos last year. Actually so did the rest of the Browns' D-Line that came over.

Comment

That has nothing to do with baseball. If we are gonna talk NFL, I insist it be about Brett Favre and the Packers.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big C
                  That has nothing to do with baseball. If we are gonna talk NFL, I insist it be about Brett Favre and the Packers.
                  could do that too, but the Packers didn't have 7 QBs go on IR in one season.

it's not so much even that a lot of Cubs are injured, just who it is that's injured.

the Cubs only have 4 guys DL'd. comparing in the Central, the Reds have 6, the Astros have 3, the Brewers have 5, the Cardinals have 3, and the Pirates have 5. average in the central: 5.15.

Braves have 6, Marlins have 4, the Mets have 6, the Nationals have 7, and the Phillies have 4. average in the east: 5.4.

Diamondbacks have 2, the Dodgers have 8, the Giants have 3, the Padres have 5,and the Rockies have 5. average in the west: 4.6.

NL Average: 5.3
                  RIP Dimebag, Mitch, John, & Grey Cat

AUXILIUM MEUM A DOMINO

Angel of Death
                  Monarch to the kingdom of the dead
                  Infamous butcher,
                  Angel of Death

Comment

Packers did have about 3 RBs and a couple wideouts though (including Javon Walker in one of the first games of the year).

The Cubs injuries are guys they really count on though. I don't know if it is like that with the other NL Central teams or not, but D-Lee basically is our offense.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X