The Ripping of Dusty and the Cubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ripping of Dusty and the Cubs

Jay Mariotti ripped the Cubs' ownership, their front office, and their manager. Check it out. I can't say that I disagree with much of it though, but Jay is a wild man, so this type of article doesn't surprise me.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/mario...spt-jay15.html

Baker is pathetic and Hendry never should have been given a contract extension.

Comment

You have to give anyone the doubt that Mariotti criticizes. The guy is a bull-in-a-china-shop without any sense or brains.
      Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

I despise Jay Mariotti but he's right on here. The Tribune has absolutely no interest in putting a winning team on the field. Andy McPhail thinks he's done a good job during his tenure!

His bosses agree because the money is still rolling in from gullible fans.

Comment

I've about had enough of it. I want to see my Cubs win more. I'm tired of seeing others team get better and start to win and my Cubs take one step forward and 2 steps back. The same ol' same ol'.

Comment

Jay was 100% right in his assessments about the Cubs. They are a model of ineptitude right now and it's becoming disgusting to watch everyday.

Ever since Lou Pinella quit his Tampa Bay coaching gig, I have been saying the Cubs should go after him. He is exactly what the Cubs need. Someone that will stand up to the umpires and get on the players butts when they are screwing around, like they are now.

Tribune Co. has been running the Cubs the same way since they took over only worrying about making money. The Cubs need to be sold to some very rich Cubs fan that will do whatever it takes to win. Someone like George Steinbrenner.

Dusty is terrible and needs to go right now!
            Tinker, Evers, Chance & Steinfeldt: The nucleus of our elite World Series teams!!!!

Comment

Somebody should call Mark Cuban.

Comment

I hear that brother, I hear that. We need a Steinbrenner to own us.
                "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
                -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
                -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Comment

The thing is if we some how come back it will make for a great laugh at everyone who said we'd lose.
                  "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
                  -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
                  -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Comment

who says there cant be an astros like rise from the ashes? or the marlins? Both those teams were in dire straights over the past three years, and the marlins won it all in 2003, and houston made it to the playoffs in 2004 and 2005.

Comment

Just wait when Derrek comes back. Even if he can't swing the bat, the Cubs will have that confidence boost that they are now lacking, just knowing he's back. I don't know if I can watch my Cubs until then, its like watching the Pirates play, horrible, just horrible. Saying that though, I haven't given up on them, and won't.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipsander
                        I haven't given up on them, and won't.
                        I won't give up on the Cubs until the day I die. My grandfather didn't. I don't think most Cubs fans will either. Although I am getting very frustrated with them right now.
                        Can you say S O R I A N O !!!

Comment

This current slide is reminiscent of the way they were when I first started watching Cubs baseball. I loved them then, and I love them now. But sniffing the playoffs and coming so close in recent years has only made losing that much harder to swallow.

Comment

Originally posted by ZR56664
                            Although I am getting very frustrated with them right now.

Me too. This may be the most frustrated I've ever been, but this is mainly because of untimely injuries. I wouldn't know what to do if the Cubs had a couple years stretch of no major injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big C
                              But sniffing the playoffs and coming so close in recent years has only made losing that much harder to swallow.

That's exactly it. I won't give up until they are 20-25 games out, if they do, at this pace that may not be that far away.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X