X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your most memorable Cubs games.....

For fun....

I have 5.

1)84 "scarf day". Sitting in the bleachers whipping around the Cubs scarf's which were given away that day. The umps had to stop the game for a good long few minutes because of the distraction. (wasn't that the year throwing the ball back started?)

2) Vague memories from my childhood days. Watching a long one and staying till the end. Was there a 17-18 inning game with the cubs way back against one of the PA teams? I was pretty young then, but that's what I seem to recall.

3) Seeing the Happy Days crew play prior to the game. I can't recall if it was Scott Baio or Henry Winkler who did not attend. I think it was SB and think I recall HW pitching. I also recall everyone in the bleachers chanting OPEE OPEE. (around the time the pope came to Chi town)

4) My first memory. Sitting in the grandstands behind 3rd base and being so tiny I had to reach up for moms arm. I recall crying my eyes out scared to death at the noise during the 7th inning stretch and my mom pusing me away to sing along and cheer.

5) teh' dreaded game 6 with Bartman..... Unless you were there you can't describe the plague like disappointment and silence which overcame the crowd.

Who's next?
    What two words strike fear into every Cubs fan?
    Oh, no.

I've only been able to go to Chicago once, but I got to see 3 games while I was there. The first one was a night game, and it was 70s night too. I'm not sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing. KC and the Sunshine Band played on a stage set up in right field, but they only got a couple songs in before the rain started. It was just enough to shut down the band, but not enough to stop the game. Which was fine by me.

As for the Bartman game...the second time I yelled at the tv (the first being when I yelled "Fan interference!"), I yelled at the crowd for being so quiet. It was too weird. I wanted the crowd to get back behind the Cubbies again. It made me mad that everyone was so quiet.
    Your luck has expired. Please purchase new luck.

Comment

The only game I remember going to was a game at the end of 2004 against the Reds and Prior had 16 strikeoputs. We lost in extra innings though.
      "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
      -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
      -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Comment

Originally posted by Cubsfan97
        The only game I remember going to was a game at the end of 2004 against the Reds and Prior had 16 strikeoputs. We lost in extra innings though.
        You were there?!?

I might have given that as the most memorable game even though I only heard it on the radio. Pretty much the death blow of that season. h

Comment

A few that quickly come to mind, most from 2003.

May 6th, 1998 - Kerry Wood's 20-K game.

May 10th, 2003 - Alex Gonzalez with a walkoff HR in the 10th against the Cards, this was the game before the Mother's Day game that got rained out. I have a few friends that are Cards fans, and they had never been to Wrigley. That was a great way to introduce them to the ballpark.

Sept. 3rd and 4th, 2003 - The last 2 games of the 5 game series with the Cards, including a makeup game for the Mother's Day rainout. Both tight games, and both 1-run victories.

Oct. 15, 2003 - Game 7, the day after Bartman. Enough said.

July 26, 2005 - After 38 hours of rain delay, Maddux gets his 3000th K. Stayed for every pitch, even the one that cost the Cubs the game in extras.
          Jerseys hanging in my den : Santo, Jenkins, Williams, Banks, Grace, Sandberg, Dawson, Eckersley, Sutcliffe, Wood, Prior, Zambrano, Lee

Oddly enough, I never bought a Sosa jersey, even during his best years.

Comment

Originally posted by vptpt
            As for the Bartman game...the second time I yelled at the tv (the first being when I yelled "Fan interference!"), I yelled at the crowd for being so quiet. It was too weird. I wanted the crowd to get back behind the Cubbies again. It made me mad that everyone was so quiet.
            I don't think anything would have gotten that crowd back into the game. I too was trying...the sole person still into the game in my section. (which was nose bleed seats way out in right.)
            What two words strike fear into every Cubs fan?
            Oh, no.

Comment

My most memorable Cub moment , even though it is bad , is their loss in game 6 of the 2003 Playoffs when they were 5 outs away of going to the World Series but the Fan grabbed the foul ball when Moises could of caught it ( I've said enough ) ...

Comment

Originally posted by rainout
                You were there?!?

I might have given that as the most memorable game even though I only heard it on the radio. Pretty much the death blow of that season. h
                Yea the Pastor of my church had a friend who bought like 50 tickets and all were not used so the dude sold 2 to my pastor for 10 dollars each. I remember my mom waking me up at 5 am telling me I wasnt going to school and I was going to the Cubs game . It was a good game but hard to watch. I was almost directly behind home plate and like 20 or 30 rows up. Pretty awesome seats.
                "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
                -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
                -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Comment

My most memorable Cub game (going forward) will forever, and ever be...Michael Barrett decking AJ Pierzluspairuwi5024389ski. God that must have felt so good. It felt good for me watching it.
                  Witnessing a team doing a complete 180 since the 2003 playoffs...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X