Tony Womack Signed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nobody's been fired yet though?

Seriously, how many weak hitting 2Bs does any one team need? Who thought this was a good idea? I want to know this stuff. How much are we paying this guy anyway? Between him being signed and Neifi being resigned and the Pierre trade, we might have been able to increase our offer to Furcal enough to get him.

Are people really getting paid to make these decisions? The more I think about this the more it pisses me off...

Comment

Originally posted by Lipsander
      Good. Send Jerry Hairston Jr to the minors or release him.
      Nah, my pick is that Theriot gets the boot from Chicago and the 40 man roster. He's played in only 6 games, getting 4 at bats. For Womack to get on the club, Hendry has to create an open spot on the 40 man roster.

Originally posted by The Big C
      Who thought this was a good idea? I want to know this stuff. How much are we paying this guy anyway?
      JimBo thought it was a good idea, he loves picking up other team's garbage. But Dusty isn't helping matters either, he can't wait for Tony to get the call all for it as well. As for how much Tony will make, right now he's on a minor league contract but as soon as he gets the call, he'll get a prorated share of the MLB minimum.
      What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
      Line Drive: .356
      HBP: .342
      Non-Intentional Walk: .315
      Intentional Walk: .176
      Outfield Fly: .035
      Groundball: -.101
      Bunts: -.103
      Infield Fly: -.243
      Strikeout: -.287
      It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

Too bad he wasn't at second today!
        Custom Made Wood Bats and Bamboo

Comment

The following message is sarcastic, please do not take it seriously:

Don't you see? Hendry's got a plan here. By the end of the 2007 season, Jim will actually have every second baseman in Major League Baseball. This way, when someone needs a second baseman, they'll have to come to the Cubs. It's an ingenious plan that he's been working on for some time now; some of the key acquisitions in the operation include: Jerry Hairston Jr., Todd Walker, Neifi Perez, Tony Womack, Jose Macias, and Ryan Theriot should prove to be a solid starting 2B-man.
          A lot of people say this honor validates my career, but I didn't work hard for validation. I didn't play the game right because I saw a reward at the end of the tunnel. I played it right because that's what you're supposed to do, play it right and with respect. If this validates anything, it's that learning how to bunt and hit and run and turning two is more important than knowing where to find the little red light at the dug out camera. - Ryne Sandberg

Comment

Originally posted by E.Banks#14
            The following message is sarcastic, please do not take it seriously:

Don't you see? Hendry's got a plan here. By the end of the 2007 season, Jim will actually have every second baseman in Major League Baseball. This way, when someone needs a second baseman, they'll have to come to the Cubs. It's an ingenious plan that he's been working on for some time now; some of the key acquisitions in the operation include: Jerry Hairston Jr., Todd Walker, Neifi Perez, Tony Womack, Jose Macias, and Ryan Theriot should prove to be a solid starting 2B-man.

been listening to kaplan and waddle a lot? i was half tempted to post the same sarcastic message myself! lol

Comment

We can really use a Pinch Runner like Tony , welcome to Chicago little Dude !!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X