Clear All

• Ryu to start Sunday.

link

Good. Anyone except Rusch.

Originally posted by otis89
    link

Good. Anyone except Rusch.
    agreed. anyone but rusch right now.

i hope i dont have to be drunk by the 6th inning at wrigley tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by rockin500
      agreed. anyone but rusch right now.

i hope i dont have to be drunk by the 6th inning at wrigley tomorrow.
      6th Inning

Braves - 11
      Cubs - 5

feeling a little Rockin?

(while I was making this post the Braves hit their 7th homer - tied for the most homers ever hit against the Cubs - have another brew...)

EDIT: they broke the record in the 7th.
      Last edited by nightotter; 05-28-2006, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nightotter
        6th Inning

Braves - 11
        Cubs - 5

feeling a little Rockin?

(while I was making this post the Braves hit their 7th homer - tied for the most homers ever hit against the Cubs - have another brew...)

EDIT: they broke the record in the 7th.
        actually, NOW i am drunk. i only had two drinks at the ballgame cuz it was insanely hot (94 at game time)

too bad, but oh well. at least they made it a fight.

Comment

Yes, let's not start Rusch, but send in Rusch Jr!
          2016 World Series Champions

Comment

Originally posted by rockin500
            actually, NOW i am drunk. i only had two drinks at the ballgame cuz it was insanely hot (94 at game time)

too bad, but oh well. at least they made it a fight.
            Maybe it's because I'm only 17, but I thought people drank more when they were hot...

Comment

Originally posted by The Big C
              Maybe it's because I'm only 17, but I thought people drank more when they were hot...
              you should drink less when its hot because booze dehydrates. it was something i always knew on a intellectual level, but its only in the past coupla years i actually applied it. booze is worse for dehydrating people than soda is (which is terrible)

what i try to do when its so hot is go with the frozen drinks. today, i actually had 4 beers in the stands, but it felt cooler at the park than yesterday (no sun perhaps?)

Fans who drink more when its hot are the ones who end up either a) on the field in the 8th inning (which happened sunday) or passed out at a bar within 45 minutes of last pitch (which also happened sunday)

Comment

I knew that (took human anatomy last year), but I didn't think many people actually put it into practice when it came to beer at the ballpark.

Are you one of few in this regard, or is this more common knowledge than I thought?

Comment

Originally posted by The Big C
                  I knew that (took human anatomy last year), but I didn't think many people actually put it into practice when it came to beer at the ballpark.

Are you one of few in this regard, or is this more common knowledge than I thought?
                  eh, depends on the circumstances. when its really excting and i am not thinking about it (and not paying) then i may misbehave. im only human.

but in reality i learned the hard way in that i was one of the brainless and after a few too many times where i was hurting earlier than i should, I make sure to take it easy at a game. 4 beers at a game (or frozen margarita/daquiri) is max regardless of temp.. (more for price considerations, than anything else but still serves the same purpose)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X