Starlin Castro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starlin Castro

What is wrong with the bat? It seems to be regressing beginning at the end of last season. Slugging is down and OBP%.

He has regressed since his rookie season...frustrating for sure as the talk was that he would only get better...not sure if pitchers figured him out or he lacks motivation

Comment

I remember when he arrived in Chicago it was said he lacked concentration regarding defense.

Comment

I've always wondered about all this talk about how he was going to develop more power.
        He's gone all-out to develop power.....and slowly gone backward as a offensive force.
        Maybe they need to stop insisting he'll hit homeruns and let him go back to doing what he started with.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowanic View Post
          I've always wondered about all this talk about how he was going to develop more power.
          He's gone all-out to develop power.....and slowly gone backward as a offensive force.
          Maybe they need to stop insisting he'll hit homeruns and let him go back to doing what he started with.
          Whatever happened, I think its in his head and someone has helped in screwing him up

Comment

Next season a make or break for Castro? If he regresses again he'll be barely playable.

G Man

Comment

Originally posted by gman5431 View Post
              Next season a make or break for Castro? If he regresses again he'll be barely playable.

G Man
              Cubs have ruined another player...no team can claim screwing up or trading away quality players like the cubs

Comment

My problem with Starlin is that his OBP is usually not a whole lot higher than his BA. He'd be way better if he developed better judgement for the strike zone, adding some walks and only swinging at hittable pitches (and laying off those outside ones he likes so much.)

Compare him to Valbuena, who has a much lower BA, but who's OBP is more than 150 points higher than his BA. Now's there a guy who knows a strike from a ball. Reminds me a lot of Carlos Pena, who definitely had that skill.

Comment

I think that is what the Cubs tried to get him to do last year and we saw the results. Castro works as an aggressive hitter, with all the short comings that come with that. Unfortunately that does pretty a big cap on his overall development. But I'll take it compared to the mess we got last season.
                  "I will calmly wait for my induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame."
                  - Sammy Sosa

"Get a comfy chair, Sammy, cause its gonna be a long wait."
                  - Craig Ashley (AKA Windy City Fan)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X