Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am fed up with Cub fans who are fed up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am fed up with Cub fans who are fed up.

I wish there was a line in Vegas I could bet on that placed odds on the first call taken in a post-game radio show after every Cub loss, especially now. I would always bet that the first caller would say something about being fed up and how they are no longer a Cub fan. Oh how I wish I could bet on that! I could retire on those bets alone.

Here is a little insight for those people who call. The Cubs are losing. They are going to lose for a long time to come unless something changes. Firing the president, the general manger, manger and every sad-sack player that shows up to draw a paycheck and nothing more isn’t going to change things overnight.

So you say, “sell the team!”. Ok, fine. Maybe that’s a start. But remember, the Cubs were losers before TribCo. The Cubs have been losers even when they should have been winners. Do you want me name the years?

Maybe you are influenced by sports writers? I read Jay Mariotti’s column (online - for free). Sure, I laugh sometimes. Sure, I agree sometimes. But he’s a WRITER. He is paid to indulge in snide remarks, subtle witticisms or bombastic prose. And let’s face it, the Cubs produce enough material for even the lamest scribbler to feast on.

But you’re fed up. You are the True Cub Fan who has had enough and the rest of us are blind sheep, following it’s master to graze in the placid fields of delusion.

Ok, fine. Walk. See ya. Don your White Sox jersey and be done with it. Show us you can at least back up your bile with action. Post no more about how you’re going to leave the franchise. Set the radio dial for the Sox pre-game-show and eat-it-up. At least you have a backbone.

But if you are going to stick around, do something about it. Boycott the park and deny TribCo your money (who cares if some Yuppie will still pony-up the cash). If you don’t want to watch or listen to the game, good on you.

Do anything but tell us game after game, week after week, year after year, that you are fed up and through being a Cub fan. It’s one thing to bitch on any given day, it’s another thing to whine day after day and threaten to leave. Have the guts to know the difference.

Now is the time to go. Hell, nearly the last century has been the time to go. And if you don’t know this then you’re spitting in the ocean thinking things will change.

Then again, maybe you should stay. Maybe that line in Vegas will one day open.

Yours Truly -

A Venting, but always, Cub Fan.
    Last edited by nightotter; 05-28-2006, 08:39 PM.

eh, cubs suck. thats about the bottom line. trying to boycott or whatever aint going to do ANYTHING.

thats why god invented booze: to help with Cubs Therapy.

Comment

But there is a football field of difference between shelling out cash and dumping the whole thing. I guess I see it as a definition of what a fan is...

..and that is...

...do what you will to show your frustration, but don't give up the whole thing...and least of all...don't keep telling us about how you're giving up the whole thing but then stick around. It's annoying.

Comment

I'm right there with ya nightotter.

Comment

Like I said before, I won't give up until they are mathematically eliminated. :gt

Comment

As a pirates fan ive been paying close attention to the Cubs and believe me, I know the feeling. And i guess it takes over a decade to accomplish this but everyone here is absolutely crazy about the pirates and theres strong believers that see them being a competitive team in the next few years if not by the end of the season (wishful thinking perhaps).

Also, whats this talk about selling the Cubs? Is that just frustrated fans or is there actually talk of them getting sold? IF thats the case is just a new owner or a new city all together???
            "Just a reminder fans about "Die Hard Night" coming up at the stadium: free admission to anyone who was actually alive the last time the Pirates won a pennant"

Comment

I'd be surprised if they are really thinking of selling the Cubs, Tribune that is. It would be alot of Cub fans dreams to get a passionate owner to buy them though. Someone that cares about winning as much as the fans do.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipsander
                I'd be surprised if they are really thinking of selling the Cubs, Tribune that is. It would be alot of Cub fans dreams to get a passionate owner to buy them though. Someone that cares about winning as much as the fans do.
                Ron Santo should buy them. Hes the biggest Cub fan I know.
                Can you say S O R I A N O !!!

Comment

Originally posted by ZR56664
                  Well if he can pony up a half billion or more then the Trib might listen...
                  What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
                  Line Drive: .356
                  HBP: .342
                  Non-Intentional Walk: .315
                  Intentional Walk: .176
                  Outfield Fly: .035
                  Groundball: -.101
                  Bunts: -.103
                  Infield Fly: -.243
                  Strikeout: -.287
                  It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

Originally posted by ZR56664
                    or mark cuban. we might actually win something.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Sacamento
                      Well if he can pony up a half billion or more then the Trib might listen...
                      he'd need to pony up more than that. probably have to pony up 650Mil at the least when you factor in the ballpark.

Comment

Originally posted by rockin500
                        he'd need to pony up more than that. probably have to pony up 650Mil at the least when you factor in the ballpark.
                        http://www.forbes.com/lists/2006/33/335092.html

$448 mil. Stadium is $90M.

A nice touch is the accompanying picture: Glendon Rusch...
                        Last edited by workthecount; 05-31-2006, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X