What the Doctor ordered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the Doctor ordered

Even more then a win the Cubs needed strong outings by Wood and Dempster today. And to top it off they not only won but played error free baseball, and got 7 runs on 13 hits. Hopefully they can build on it and sweep the Reds which would do much for their confidence. This is the way this team "should" be playing under Dusty "it aint my fault" Baker.
    Last edited by Whitesoxnut; 05-29-2006, 03:10 PM.
    "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

error free other than todd walker playing baseballs off his face....

still, it was a good win and all and one i was very glad to sit in the stands in.

Comment

Originally posted by rockin500
      error free other than todd walker playing baseballs off his face....

still, it was a good win and all and one i was very glad to sit in the stands in.
      In defense of Walker, he really isn't a 1st baseman. He's a 2nd baseman.

Comment

Originally posted by otis89
        In defense of Walker, he really isn't a 1st baseman. He's a 2nd baseman.
        i know, but after 30 games, he shouldnt be doing THAT.

all in all, hes been playing well at 1st, but that play was SOOOO bizarre that i couldnt let it slip. lol

Comment

Only saw part of the game. Box scores said no errors. Getting such a good, long, outing from Wood was huge!
          Last edited by Whitesoxnut; 05-30-2006, 04:17 AM.
          "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

As far as playing baseballs off your face, I saw Aramis take a popup off of his coconut. Did Todd also?

Comment

Originally posted by Lipsander
              As far as playing baseballs off your face, I saw Aramis take a popup off of his coconut. Did Todd also?
              naw, he didnt do that. todds went off his collarbone, richocheted off his face and was credited as a hit, though he should have had it.

Comment

from the highlights I saw wood looked good today for the Cubbies.

Comment

Originally posted by Go Gomes
                  from the highlights I saw wood looked good today for the Cubbies.
                  Yeah, 6 innings in 85 pitches for Wood is quite an accomplishment. Before his injuries started to do him in, Kerry was starting to pitch and not just throw, a scary thought if he could ever stay healthy for long stretches.
                  What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
                  Line Drive: .356
                  HBP: .342
                  Non-Intentional Walk: .315
                  Intentional Walk: .176
                  Outfield Fly: .035
                  Groundball: -.101
                  Bunts: -.103
                  Infield Fly: -.243
                  Strikeout: -.287
                  It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

The important thing for Wood last night isnt winning or loseing. It is was he able to pitch and then can he recover for the next start? Is he making physical progress? If he is? fine! If not then give him more time and rest him more. I dont think anyone really doubts his heart. This season isnt a good enough reason to run him into the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitesoxnut
                      The important thing for Wood last night isnt winning or loseing. It is was he able to pitch and then can he recover for the next start? Is he making physical progress? If he is? fine! If not then give him more time and rest him more. I dont think anyone really doubts his heart. This season isnt a good enough reason to run him into the ground.
                      I agree with that.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X