Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

our announcers rock

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • our announcers rock

    I love these guys. Both of them talk at exactly the right times, and say exactly the right things. They're smart, insightful, and not annoying. Bob Brenly should be managing instead of Dusty, he shows every single game that he understands the game much, much better. They're funny at the right times and, most importantly, don't try too hard. They don't take themselves too seriously, or have any dumb catchphrases. Basically, they tell you exactly what you want to hear exactly when you want to hear it. I really couldn't ask for anything else in a pair of announcers, honestly.

  • #2
    Well, I miss Steve Stone, and I don't much care for Len. All things considered though, they're better than most. I can't watch Tigers games on FSN Detroit with the sound on, their announcers suck.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by The Big C
      Well, I miss Steve Stone, and I don't much care for Len. All things considered though, they're better than most. I can't watch Tigers games on FSN Detroit with the sound on, their announcers suck.
      i actually like Len. not as much as Pat, but Len has really grown on me the past year or so.

      Comment


      • #4
        meh the announcers are okay, I think chip and joe were the best announcers since harry carry.

        atleast we dont have the white sox announcers, holy crap i cant stand that old guy's voice
        HOLY COW, CUBS WIN CUBS WIN!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Central IL Cub Fan
          meh the announcers are okay, I think chip and joe were the best announcers since harry carry.
          Joe??? Chip and Steve maybe but not Joe Carter. That man sucked beyond all that is holy. I would rather listen to the Cards announcers than to ever listen to Joe Carter

          atleast we dont have the white sox announcers, holy crap i cant stand that old guy's voice
          His name is Ken "Hawk" Harrelson, and yes he puts ya to sleep.
          What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
          Line Drive: .356
          HBP: .342
          Non-Intentional Walk: .315
          Intentional Walk: .176
          Outfield Fly: .035
          Groundball: -.101
          Bunts: -.103
          Infield Fly: -.243
          Strikeout: -.287
          It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Bob Sacamento
            Joe??? Chip and Steve maybe but not Joe Carter. That man sucked beyond all that is holy. I would rather listen to the Cards announcers than to ever listen to Joe Carter

            His name is Ken "Hawk" Harrelson, and yes he puts ya to sleep.
            I'd rather listen to R&B music than Joe Carter. yikes.

            Len and Bob were certainly fun from the 7th inning on tonight (i missed 3rd-7th while eating out).

            While Chip and Stoney had a very good rapport, Chip just had that annoying quality to him that got to me after awhile. you know, the "gullywashers" and all that fun stuff. and saying "Belted" after EVERY decent fly ball.

            Bob doesnt read minds as well as Stoney, but he still gives damned good analysis even if he does state the obvious once inawhile. at least he gives good commentary. I like good ol bob even if a lot of people dont

            Comment


            • #7
              Brenly's not bad, and pretty insightful at times, but he has big shoes to fill in following Steve Stone. Kasper is just OK to me. There's nothing to dislike, but nothing to really like either. I think Pat Hughes on the radio is a much better play by play guy.

              And I agree with Rockin, Chip could be annoying at times. But I probably rather have him than the bland Len Kasper.

              And to second the sentiments above, I loath Hawk Harrelson. And Joe Carter was only good for mangling the English language and giving the talk radio guys something to make fun of the next day.
              "I will calmly wait for my induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame."
              - Sammy Sosa

              "Get a comfy chair, Sammy, cause its gonna be a long wait."
              - Craig Ashley (AKA Windy City Fan)

              Comment


              • #8
                The only thing I don't like about them is they don't really call the team out for making bone-headed plays. I had to watch the Cards broadcast last night because I don't get CSN, and one of the announcers said, "Swinging at the first pitch. That's not what you want to do." I guarantee Len or Bob would never say anything like that.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by otis89
                  The only thing I don't like about them is they don't really call the team out for making bone-headed plays. I had to watch the Cards broadcast last night because I don't get CSN, and one of the announcers said, "Swinging at the first pitch. That's not what you want to do." I guarantee Len or Bob would never say anything like that.
                  ummmm ok? bob has called them out countless times when neifi makes his goofiness or when someone cant lay a bunt down.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by rockin500
                    ummmm ok? bob has called them out countless times when neifi makes his goofiness or when someone cant lay a bunt down.
                    OK. See what happens when I only get to watch Cubs games that are on WGN? I don't get to see all the games. I have just personally never heard either one of them call anyone out.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by otis89
                      OK. See what happens when I only get to watch Cubs games that are on WGN? I don't get to see all the games. I have just personally never heard either one of them call anyone out.
                      yep, i havent heard em call em out as much on WGN, but plenty of times on CSN or WCIU.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by rockin500
                        yep, i havent heard em call em out as much on WGN, but plenty of times on CSN or WCIU.
                        Yeah, when Neifi dropped that relay ball, Bob said, "Play the game", or something like that.

                        I like Len and Bob, but Pat and Ron are the best. Haven't been listening to them much though, since Ron's out right now. Anyone know what's going on with him?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Spieluhr
                          Yeah, when Neifi dropped that relay ball, Bob said, "Play the game", or something like that.

                          I like Len and Bob, but Pat and Ron are the best. Haven't been listening to them much though, since Ron's out right now. Anyone know what's going on with him?
                          dave otto is doing the analysis and he works pretty well with Pat. I listened to a few innings yesterday.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Pat and Ron are good but Chip and Steve were the best. i liked how Steve would go all crazy when the Cubs hit a homerun. Len and Bob dont get as excited as Chip and Steve. I will admit though, they are a million times better than the Sox announcers. I swear they arent human, they are poorly prgrammed robots.
                            "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
                            -Rogers Hornsby-

                            "People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
                            -Rogers Hornsby-

                            Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I hate the Sox announcers, especially Ken "Hawk" Harrelson. That guy with his stupid phrases he repeats every single game, the home run call and, "strap it down"

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X