Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Williamson to DL

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/NASApp/m...=.jsp&c_id=chc

According to the West Tenn Diamond Jaxx announcer, Carlos Marmol has been called up.

This isn't good. Despite winning Rookie of the Year in 1999, he has been hurt ever since. His arm has been acting up since, and I'm afraid this is bad news for Williamson. I saw him pitch yesterday well, when I was at the game. (I had to leave because my father had to get home) Hope his arm gets better soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Solair Wright
      This isn't good. Despite winning Rookie of the Year in 1999, he has been hurt ever since. His arm has been acting up since, and I'm afraid this is bad news for Williamson. I saw him pitch yesterday well, when I was at the game. (I had to leave because my father had to get home) Hope his arm gets better soon.
      At least the injury isn't related to his two Tommy John surgeries. That's good news.

Comment

This is very interesting that Marmol gets the call, but I guess that Ryu, Guzman and Hill have all had their chance why not Carlos. Marmol was a catcher as recent as 2002, he has a sinking fastball that hits 91-95 mph, and a good curve and changeup. I'm wondering if he'll get the start before Prior returns or if he goes to the pen where he'd be an excellent setup man.
        What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
        Line Drive: .356
        HBP: .342
        Non-Intentional Walk: .315
        Intentional Walk: .176
        Outfield Fly: .035
        Groundball: -.101
        Bunts: -.103
        Infield Fly: -.243
        Strikeout: -.287
        It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Sacamento
          This is very interesting that Marmol gets the call, but I guess that Ryu, Guzman and Hill have all had their chance why not Carlos. Marmol was a catcher as recent as 2002, he has a sinking fastball that hits 91-95 mph, and a good curve and changeup. I'm wondering if he'll get the start before Prior returns or if he goes to the pen where he'd be an excellent setup man.
          Bob,

I know you have not done a scouting report on Marmol yet, but do you have the data to compose one now?
          BELIEVE

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Sacamento
            I'm betting that Prior takes Rusch's spot in the rotation since they both pitched today. Just think. After one more rehab start, our rotation could be this:

Zambrano
            Wood
            Prior
            Maddux
            Marshall

Dang.

Comment

Originally posted by otis89
              I'm betting that Prior takes Rusch's spot in the rotation since they both pitched today. Just think. After one more rehab start, our rotation could be this:

Zambrano
              Wood
              Prior
              Maddux
              Marshall

Dang.
              except the cubs will have to go to a 6 man rotation. Marshall will need to have his starts rationed relatively soon. I'm not huge into pitch counts, but going from like 100 IP (somewhere in that vicinity last year) to 180 IP at his age and level of development is not something you really want to do if you want an effective pitcher. and woody is having troubles staying on a 5 game set. This may just have to be the year when they go 6 deep to get through the rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by CubsHub
                Bob,

I know you have not done a scouting report on Marmol yet, but do you have the data to compose one now?
                I can probably put one together in the next 24 hours, it might not be complete like the others but it'll give everyone an idea of what we're dealing with in Marmol.
                What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
                Line Drive: .356
                HBP: .342
                Non-Intentional Walk: .315
                Intentional Walk: .176
                Outfield Fly: .035
                Groundball: -.101
                Bunts: -.103
                Infield Fly: -.243
                Strikeout: -.287
                It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X