Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think that the Cubs will win a WS within the next 10 years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think that the Cubs will win a WS within the next 10 years?

Not talking about next year but how about the next decade? they have a good GM in epstein and in the last years they always got high draft picks so they could fill up their farm System. they now really have a lot of hitting Talent, not sure about the pitching.

do you think the cubs will win a WS within the next decade?
    yes
    50.00%
    no
    25.00%
    no, but they will be close and have some deep runs
    25.00%
    I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Yes, and Rizzo will play the Papi '04 role for them when they do it.
    "If I drink whiskey, I'll never get worms!" - Hack Wilson

Comment

At this point I question epstein as a gm...he is surviving at this point with his past, which at the end of his time in boston was bad...he has done nothing at the major league level, only looking to improve the minors...and this years first round pick has been blasted by all, possibly to just save money...I understand not wasting money, but the moves made have not been the best

Sorry, mean that epstein is president
      Last edited by Cap78; 06-17-2014, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cap78 View Post
        At this point I question epstein as a gm...he is surviving at this point with his past, which at the end of his time in boston was bad...he has done nothing at the major league level, only looking to improve the minors...and this years first round pick has been blasted by all, possibly to just save money...I understand not wasting money, but the moves made have not been the best
        the majors team only got worse under him but I think he doesn't care to give the cubs fans a good product.. he wants to really load up the farm system by drafting at the top for half a decade like the rays and nats did and then cash out and win a championship.

I think the nats and rays are his role model. draft high for many years and really fill up the farm system and then hope they are all ready at the same time.

he probably doesn't care if he wins 70 or 83 in 2015, all he wants to do is to bring that ring to chicago. I don't think the cubs will add any major league pieces until those prospects are ready.

he will probably want to call them up first, look what they can do alone (baez, bryant...) and then add some missing pieces.

I'm not sure this will work as good as it did with the nats but he will try it.
        I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

Epstein is loading the system with talent. He has a vision and is getting it done. Some of the talent will be at Wrigley next season. I also think they are close to not being obvious sellers at the trade deadline. They fixed the relief pitching, are getting more hitters, Bosio seems to be helpful to journeyman starters. Arrieta looks good. The pitcher they just got in the trade has some promise.

Comment

I think that too. the only thing I wonder is why he is only loading the system with short stops. they have acquired a lot of hitting the last years but not so much pitching. I think before they can stop being sellers they also need to stuff their farm system with a lot of young power arms. you need good pitching in abundance to compete at the top.

it will be interesting to see what they do in the next draft. they were having some promising signs this season but with the two best pitchers being gone they will probably face another 100 loss season. The cubs said they they want to stop being sellers but I think next year won't be the year they start rebuilding the major league team. I think they will leave bryant and co. down till next june so that they gain another year of team control.
            Last edited by dominik; 07-06-2014, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X