Mark Prior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Prior

How do you guys think he'll do when he comes back since he hasnt thrown in one game yet this season? Will he be a difference maker?
    "Just a reminder fans about "Die Hard Night" coming up at the stadium: free admission to anyone who was actually alive the last time the Pirates won a pennant"

Originally posted by Bucco Fanatic
    How do you guys think he'll do when he comes back since he hasnt thrown in one game yet this season? Will he be a difference maker?
    He'll be a difference maker in the fact that the rotation will be without Glendon Rusch (that's a plus) and that the rotation will gain a pitcher who has a career 3.24 ERA.

I don't expect him to pitch like Zambrano is right now, at least not right away. If he can stay off the DL for the remainder of the season, then I could see him getting 10-14 wins. Probably similar to last years stats. He is a great pitcher, whether or not he can be healthy enough to show his greatness is the real question.
    A lot of people say this honor validates my career, but I didn't work hard for validation. I didn't play the game right because I saw a reward at the end of the tunnel. I played it right because that's what you're supposed to do, play it right and with respect. If this validates anything, it's that learning how to bunt and hit and run and turning two is more important than knowing where to find the little red light at the dug out camera. - Ryne Sandberg

Comment

he'll have his good days and his bad days when he comes back. at least thats what I'm expecting, at any rate. And agreed with EB14, since Rusch will no longer be in the rotation, that will make a difference in and of itself.

Comment

He's obviously gonna start slow. What I hope doesn't happen is what happened to Wood last year. In that he could pitch but after so many pitches his shoulder would flare up and eventually had to be shut down for the year. With the way our season has been so far, anything out of Mark Prior is a plus. Mark Prior is a great addition back to the team, but Derrek Lee is the difference maker.

Comment

I would put him in the bullpen for a while and let him work from there like Kerry Wood last year.
          Can you say S O R I A N O !!!

Comment

Originally posted by ZR56664
            I would put him in the bullpen for a while and let him work from there like Kerry Wood last year.
            not sure if that would be good since he is a starter and he takes his time getting ready. Is having a pitcher who requires 15 minutes to warm up the best way to use him?

just saying, since a lot of starters dont do well in the pen when they come back in that way.

Comment

I expect him to get hurt again and be out the rest of the season.
              Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

so basically most of you expect him to be like curt schilling last year. He came off the DL then pitched in the bullpen as a reliever for a while before coming back as a starter. I guess thats sort of what i expected myself but who better to ask than fans of the team he plays for. Thanks guys
                "Just a reminder fans about "Die Hard Night" coming up at the stadium: free admission to anyone who was actually alive the last time the Pirates won a pennant"

Comment

so basically most of you expect him to be like curt schilling last year. He came off the DL then pitched in the bullpen as a reliever for a while before coming back as a starter. I guess thats sort of what i expected myself but who better to ask than fans of the team he plays for. Thanks guys
                  I don't think he'll go to the bullpen, Dusty won't even put Wood in there.
                  A lot of people say this honor validates my career, but I didn't work hard for validation. I didn't play the game right because I saw a reward at the end of the tunnel. I played it right because that's what you're supposed to do, play it right and with respect. If this validates anything, it's that learning how to bunt and hit and run and turning two is more important than knowing where to find the little red light at the dug out camera. - Ryne Sandberg

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X