• Show
Clear All

• Happy Birthday, Carlos Zambrano!

Today, Carlos turns 24 years old!

2016 World Series Champions

Happy Birthday CZ, stay off the 'puter, eh? :atthepc

Comment

And today marks his 25th birthday.

51 wins in only six seasons! Not bad for an era where pitchers are taken out after only six innings.
      2016 World Series Champions

Comment

deffinently the ace of the staff. Lets hope he does this until 40!
        "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
        -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
        -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Comment

Yep, definately the work horse and the Ace IMO. Happy Birthday Z.

Comment

With all the hype that Wood and Prior have received over the years, who would have thought that Zam-Man would actually be the most productive of the three. I'm waiting for him to take his game to the next level, to the Cy Young level. Hopefully, next season.
            Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerin Hank
              And today marks his 25th birthday.

51 wins in only six seasons! Not bad for an era where pitchers are taken out after only six innings.
              Fifty one wins in six seasons averages out to just over eight wins per season.
              Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules
                Fifty one wins in six seasons averages out to just over eight wins per season.
                51 wins in 125 starts is a good average, especially for a Cub (Prior-41W in 97GS, Wood 77W in 177GS). As for the six seasons, first season was a Sept callup and he appeared in 6 games, the second season was a split role (32games/16starts) and this is his 6th season and has 12 starts already. The middle three years (03, 04, and 05) he had 13W in 32GS in 2003; 16W in 31GS in 2004; 14W in 33GS in 2005.
                What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
                Line Drive: .356
                HBP: .342
                Non-Intentional Walk: .315
                Intentional Walk: .176
                Outfield Fly: .035
                Groundball: -.101
                Bunts: -.103
                Infield Fly: -.243
                Strikeout: -.287
                It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X