Neifi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neifi

WHY is Dusty so insistent on playing him EVERY SINGLE NIGHT?

Every night, we could and SHOULD be fielding an infield of Nevin, Walker, Cedeno, and Ramy. But Dusty insists on playing Neifi over someone every single night with no reason whatsoever.

Neifi contributes NOTHING. He is possibly the single most useless player I have ever seen in my entire life. He is the exact opposite of a five-tool player--he can do none of the five tools. He is not a leader. There is no way he should be playing on a major league team at all, much less every day over much, much, much, much more deserving players. Hell, Baseball Prospectus uses Neifi as their example for every time a player performs poorly: "lately, Jhonny Peralta has been hitting like Neifi." "Beltre has been hitting .223 in his last however many games, making him like a $50-mil Neifi." This guy absolutely sucks, and the fact he's playing over much more deserving guys (Nevin) every single day is ridiculous. Dusty is an idiot.

This alone should get Dusty fired.

And why sign him to one worthless season when you can sign him to two for the price of three? And you cant blame Hendry this was more of Dusty's brilliance.
    "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

Neifi does have one tool, defense. But that shouldn't earn him a spot on a major league roster. He should be able to hit better than a festering pile of poop. It's kind of sad that we have Neifi and Bynum on the team. If I were in charge, I would DFA both of them right now and call up Restovich and Theriot. Restovich would platoon with Jones, and Theriot would be a good bat off the bench.

Comment

who cares. when you give up nine runs you arent going to win anyways.

he does play pretty solid defense. Me and RavenLord discussed that a bit in that other thread about womack and neifi. womack doesnt offer much (despite the past coupla weeks) and neither does neifi, but before this year, when he got fat and complacent, he was actually good on defense.

and WSN, its only hendry's fault for giving him a two year deal. How in the blue hell can you blame dusty for retaining him? What, Dusty decides who gets signed for how long?

Comment

Typical Neifi. He gets a base hit to load the bases with two outs. Ok, fine, good job. Then the Astros throw a wild pitch and the runners on 2nd and 3'rd advance, scoring a run. However the runner on 1'st, Neifi, has his head in the clouds and doesn't advance. How many times has this guy pulled this kind of stunt this year? Is he really that dumb?

Maybe its not that important in a game your down 9-1 but he's done this kinda thing in much closer games, some he's lost due to stupidity. And you have to wonder how many more he will. No doubt Dusty didn't say anything to him because "its not his fault" and he's Dustys guy to begin with. Besides.........Dusty is a "players manager".

The guy played for Dusty before and you think Dusty had no say in his contract?
          "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

he shouldnt. Hendry is the one who signs deals, not Baker. evidently, he likes him too.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitesoxnut
              Typical Neifi. He gets a base hit to load the bases with two outs. Ok, fine, good job. Then the Astros throw a wild pitch and the runners on 2nd and 3'rd advance, scoring a run. However the runner on 1'st, Neifi, has his head in the clouds and doesn't advance. How many times has this guy pulled this kind of stunt this year? Is he really that dumb?
              that's actually not quite "typical Neifi." "Typical Neifi" would have GIDP'd.

Comment

Be thankful Dusty did not bring Marvin Bernard with him to the Cubs.

Comment

Dusty worked hand in hand getting some of the players he wanted, which included Neifi. Anyways, even if he didn't, I agree, why the hell is he playing? Walker should start every day @ 2B and Nevin @ 1B, what's the hold up? Maybe Dusty and Neifi have feelings for each other.......lol......just kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipsander
                    Walker should start every day @ 2B and Nevin @ 1B, what's the hold up?
                    well, nevin isnt exactly very good against righties this year. dont have his exact splits against righties his entire career (or should say the latter half since thats more pertinent), but its pretty close to where Jones is against lefties.

Comment

Originally posted by rockin500
                      well, nevin isnt exactly very good against righties this year. dont have his exact splits against righties his entire career (or should say the latter half since thats more pertinent), but its pretty close to where Jones is against lefties.
                      OK, well Neifi isn't good against righties, lefties, or the ambidextrious.

Comment

Defense is his tool? Remember that game he blew a few weeks ago? The one where he dropped a cutoff throw and then shanked one over Barrets head allowing the go-ahead to score from 2'nd on a fly out tag? The camera zoomed in on Neifi after his game losing double error and there he was joking and laughing with the 2'nd base umpire.

This guys skill bag isnt all that awful. Its just another case of a poorly managed, poorly motivated player signed to an ill advised contract. Counting the 5 million the Cubs are paying him Neifi has made about 20 million $$ playing MLB, not counting whatever extras. The guy has the look of someone who's going to live the rest of his life in luxury, down in the Dominican Republic, no matter what he does here.

Conversely a kid you've developed for 3 or 4 years thru your system??? You know his ins and outs, most of all his desire to win and excel.

Comment

Defense is his tool? Remember that game he blew a few weeks ago? The one where he dropped a cutoff throw and then shanked one over Barrets head allowing the go-ahead to score from 2'nd on a fly out tag? The camera zoomed in on Neifi after his game losing double error and there he was joking and laughing with the 2'nd base umpire.

if you noticed, i said before this year.

Comment

Originally posted by rockin500
                            if you noticed, i said before this year.
                            Yes, I noticed. Which is why I said his "skill bag isnt that awful". I'm as surprised by his awful play this year as you are.

Comment

Yes, I noticed. Which is why I said his "skill bag isnt that awful". I'm as surprised by his awful play this year as you are.
                              oh alrighty then. I'm surprised he's this bad, but then i didnt expect him to get fat and complacent.

then again, he's hardly the first player to stink it up when they get big contracts (see Adrian Beltre or Chan Ho Park)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X