Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubsHub
    Shocking...

I agree with Senior skittles, these sort of post makes it less fun to visit this one time poppin forum...

We get it..

Neifi is not the best player...
    Dusty is not the best manager...
    Hendry is not the best GM...
    Prior and Wood are not the healthiest players...
    and....

The Tribune are not the best owners...
    Yes we get it but the Cubs don't. Do you think these threads would be here if Neifi wasn't on the team? If Neifi wasn't playing and costing the Cubs games? About a month or so after Neifi and Baker leave you will not see Neifi and Dusty threads.

the Cubs have a losing record and in almost all phases of the game at the major league level they look mediocre. So what exactly are we to talk about here on the Cubs forum then? I don't know about you but I can only talk about Eyre and Howry so much before that well dries up.

Comment

Originally posted by CubsHub
      Shocking...

I agree with Senior skittles, these sort of post makes it less fun to visit this one time poppin forum...

We get it..

Neifi is not the best player...
      Dusty is not the best manager...
      Hendry is not the best GM...
      Prior and Wood are not the healthiest players...
      and....

The Tribune are not the best owners...
      So what should we be talking about? This team only has a few bright spots on it. Cedano and Murton may become productive everyday players, but they may not. I personally like Murton better than Cedano at this point, but neither one are super prospects to get overly excited about. I like what we've seen from Marshall, and I think he is a solid back of the rotation starter with the potential for even better things in the future. We haven't seen enough of Marmol to get a feeling one way or the other on him.

Of our veterans, only Zambrano is putting up a strong season. Walker, Jones, Barret, Howry, Dempster, and Eyre have been effective, but none of them are players you can count on as a foundation for a winning team.

The team is losing, and has been losing badly, so its only natural we're going to focus on the problem areas and hopefully the solutions to those areas.
      "I will calmly wait for my induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame."
      - Sammy Sosa

"Get a comfy chair, Sammy, cause its gonna be a long wait."
      - Craig Ashley (AKA Windy City Fan)

Comment

Originally posted by Ubiquitous
        Yes we get it but the Cubs don't. Do you think these threads would be here if Neifi wasn't on the team? If Neifi wasn't playing and costing the Cubs games? About a month or so after Neifi and Baker leave you will not see Neifi and Dusty threads.

the Cubs have a losing record and in almost all phases of the game at the major league level they look mediocre. So what exactly are we to talk about here on the Cubs forum then? I don't know about you but I can only talk about Eyre and Howry so much before that well dries up.
        I guess I have a no problem with you guys complaining about them......I think what I was really thinking when I made my comment was you have like 5-10 diffrent threads for each of those topics.....I feel that is not neccesary...You can always talk about how well you guys play against us( the cardinals) !!
        Our future.....Colby Rasmus.....Im his biggest fan!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Senior skittles
          lol yes I am a cardinals fan. And yes I guess I dont have to come in here but..... I guess I just like to see whats up with the cubs and when I come all i get is this complaining... sorry was just a little frusturated at the time.

You are a little frustrated, think how we feel.....lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipsander
            You are a little frustrated, think how we feel.....lol.
            haha wow i never thought about it that way!!!!!You guys need some serious
            Our future.....Colby Rasmus.....Im his biggest fan!!!

Comment

........and then some. Some times people take other for granted, as I did in Derrek Lee. Thank God he's close to coming back.

Comment

Ol' Neifi actually played very well yesterday. I guess once per month isn't too shabby....lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Senior skittles
                  omg how long are you cub fans gonna keep complaining about neifi??? I know hes not the greatest player out there and he probally dosent deserve to be playing as mutch as you say and I really would not know since I dont watch the cubs ( It makes me sick to watch how they can dominate the cardinals and they suck against every one else!!) but Its horrible when I come into this stupid forum and all the threads are "neifi sucks" or " fire baker!!" or maybe " Prior and wood are usless!!". All cub fans do is complain and complain about how this team and it managmet sucks!!!!! If its this misreable for you why dont you just quit watching them and become a fan of a winning club so we dont have to lisiten to this complaining anymore!

sorry but im tired of it!!!
                  It's simple. Don't come into this forum. I would have to kick myself if I become a Cards fan or any other winning team. sorry but I am not a bandwagon fan. I will just stick with my Cubbies and stay pissed off. If the cardinals were in last place you would know how pissed off all cubs fans are. The reason we talk about all the negitives with the cubs is there is nothing positive to talk about. We are 20 games below .500. Tell me how you feel the next time the cards are 20 below .500.
                  Last edited by RBi; 06-28-2006, 09:48 AM. Reason: language
                  Can you say S O R I A N O !!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X