Restovich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restovich

Why the HELL isn't Restovich up with the big league club or at least on the 40-man? He'd be the perfect platoon partner for Jones. He's hitting .329 with 9 homers and 27 RBI, not to metion a .410 OBP in AAA. Earth to Cubs management...

Otis is an angry young man sometimes. I understand the feeling, but Restovich has no place on the Cubs roster. He can't steal bases and Dusty has no use for him, especially since he's not versatile enough to play multiple positions. Restovich would just waste away on the Cubs bench.
    beware of the censorship police

Comment

Angel Pagan will be coming back soon, assuming he is coming back anything like he was when he was hurt....

I say Pagan > Restovich
      BELIEVE

Comment

Yeah, I had forgotten about Pagan. We never hear anything about him, so...

Burger eater, with the way the Cubs have performed this season, can you blame me for being angry?

Comment

Originally posted by otis89
          Yeah, I had forgotten about Pagan. We never hear anything about him, so...

Burger eater, with the way the Cubs have performed this season, can you blame me for being angry?
          you hear about him sometimes. just his hammy isnt doing as well as they thought it would.

Comment

Originally posted by rockin500
            you hear about him sometimes. just his hammy isnt doing as well as they thought it would.
            from MLB.com (yesterday)
            Angel Pagan, sidelined with a torn hamstring since mid-April, has been cleared for all activity, O'Neal said. Pagan could be playing in Minor League games by early next week.
            BELIEVE

Comment

Originally posted by CubsHub
              from MLB.com (yesterday)
              Angel Pagan, sidelined with a torn hamstring since mid-April, has been cleared for all activity, O'Neal said. Pagan could be playing in Minor League games by early next week.
              good news. it was just that originally it was looking like late may that he would come back, but at least the light is at the end of the tunnel!

Comment

Yea i agree..

But let's not forget, this guy is a rookie...

Some people might expect him to come back and be a stud...

Let's remember the level of talent we are dealing with... a decent sub.... not too much more... (at this time)
                BELIEVE

Comment

At least Pagan coming back should mean Bynum is gone. That would be the logical choice.

Comment

Originally posted by otis89
                    At least Pagan coming back should mean Bynum is gone. That would be the logical choice.
                    agreed. bynum should be gone since he doesnt really provide much.

Comment

Originally posted by rockin500
                      agreed. bynum should be gone since he doesnt really provide much.
                      I disagree. He provides a .220 average and horrible basestealing instincts. :gt

Bringing up Restovich would just give Dusty one more guy to play Neifi over. Nobody can ever, ever, ever cry about our "lack of depth" when Dusty only allows one player to be our entire bench.

God, I wish I was running this team.

Comment

Restovich isn't a Dusty player so he would rot on the bench. One thing to do would be to send down Murton to let him work on his driving the ball and put Restovich in there. Only problem with that is with Murton gone Dusty would probably play Womack and have Bynum sub instead of playing Restovich. Rest is killing the ball and one of the things the Cubs lack right now is somebody who can do that at the major league level. Rest and his performance deserves that shot and being 10+ games under .500 there really is no reason for the Cubs not give him a shot. Womack shouldn't be on this team, the team is below .500 and there is no reason to expect Tony to be a part of any future plans or Cubs successes. It is just a dumb we did something so that we can say we did something transaction. Like getting Enrique Wilson last year, if anything it is more glaring and dubious this year when the Cubs farm team is finally giving them some other options. It just baffles me that Hendry year in and year out caves in to Dusty's love affairs all while helping to make the Carb Farm system wasted and go stale. A farm team he helped build by the way.

It is hard for me to get my mind around Hendry. On the one hand I want to final compliment him on having answers to possible problems already setup in the farm team but then I also want to deride him when he signs players like Perez and Womack and ignoring those answers in the farm system. It seems he is trying to placate everybody at once and in doing so is creating a mediocre team.

Comment

Hendry's loyalty is his weakness. The Cubs nearly had a funeral service for Marquis Grissom when he bowed out of spring training. Everyone was crying and giving him boquets... talking about what a standup guy he was. He never even played one damn game in a Cubs uniform.

I'd like to know what happened to the guy who traded Turd Hundley for Grudz and Eric Karros, traded Bobby Hill for Aramis and Lofton, Choi for D-Lee and nosed his way into a trade where he gave up nothing and received Nomar.
                          There's some obese guy who's impersonating him, but I'm not sure if that's really Hendry.

He's either an idiot who believes Dusty is a real manager or he's a genius and he'll ride the Dusty wagon until the last minute. Then he'll throw him under the bus and say, I tried it his way, let's get a new manager.

Comment

Hendry's loyalty is his weakness. The Cubs nearly had a funeral service for Marquis Grissom when he bowed out of spring training. Everyone was crying and giving him boquets... talking about what a standup guy he was. He never even played one damn game in a Cubs uniform.

The guy had a 17 year career was living the dream and didn't want give it up, but saw the reality staring him in the face so he retired. He was surrounded by people who share the same dream who share the same fears it is understandable that it would be a sad day when the old horse gives it up for good. Even if one wasn't a friend of his for years. If his fellow players watched him work out watched him try but come up short I can see why it would be a sad day.

Comment

The guy had a 17 year career was living the dream and didn't want give it up, but saw the reality staring him in the face so he retired.
                              The reality was that he was virtually guaranteed a roster spot. Grissom is a standup guy because he retired, giving Pagan a chance to play in the big leagues. Grissom couldn't do anything in ST but Dusty was talking about how tough the decision would be. Luckily Grissom made it easy by retiring.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X