Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ramirez's Attitude

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ramirez's Attitude

    this pisses me off so much. The guy just simply will not hustle. He stares at home runs, he jogs his way around the bases, and he slouches in the field. He'll make a spectacular play here and there but for the most part fails to give acceptible effort. Today he charged a short but definitely playable grounder--in fact, charged is the wrong word, because he walked up to it [email protected]$$ed and carelessly bobbled it. He wasn't running hard when he should have been trying to beat out his GIDP that killed our chances in the 8th. He never gives the effort he should be giving night in and night out. This goes along with his performance all season, although we've seen this all throughout his career--this is the year to be aggressive and step up when D. Lee's out, instead we are treated to him slouching around all day acting like everything should be handed to him. Again, it's not just today; for the last three years he's done this constantly, but when he actually produced and contributed it wasn't as much of a problem...

    This is Dusty's fault too. He should be telling him to bust his butt out there. He's only a "players' manager" because they can walk all over him...

  • #2
    he didnt walk up to it halfassed. that wasnt his problem. his problem came when he tried to make the short hop grab and throw all in one motion. He's actually played well in the field this year, so that isnt exactly a valid argument.

    he's hardly alone in the not hustling down the line. Thats endemic to the whole game as sluggers throughout the game jog the bases (manny still doesnt, even pujols doesnt always run hard, and Bonds NEVER did even back in his pittsburgh days). besides, would he have beaten out the DP even if he was busting his ass down the line? probably not, since he is slow as a snail even when he is running all out.

    Murton's DP's were more aggravating and took the team out of scoring chances and let Oswalt off the hook twice.

    Comment


    • #3
      I was close enough to Ramirez last night to see his nose hairs. He doesn't look like he's not trying ; He looks like he's deflated out there, especially after the error he made last night. I agree he's had a pretty decent fielding year this year. I don't know, after seeing these guys so close in the flesh I actually felt a little sympathy for them. This is not the kind of city you want to be 12 back in. Not now it isn't. Ramirez and the rest are only human and I could never be the kind of fan that goes to a ballpark and says rude things to the players. Ramirez had a ton of weight put on his shoulders this year. Of course, he is making 12 m.............

      This takes back nothing Ive said. I still think the Cubs need an enema and new blood. Most of all at leadership positions. Most of all manager and GM.
      "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Whitesoxnut
        I was close enough to Ramirez last night to see his nose hairs. He doesn't look like he's not trying ; He looks like he's deflated out there, especially after the error he made last night. I agree he's had a pretty decent fielding year this year. I don't know, after seeing these guys so close in the flesh I actually felt a little sympathy for them. This is not the kind of city you want to be 12 back in. Not now it isn't. Ramirez and the rest are only human and I could never be the kind of fan that goes to a ballpark and says rude things to the players. Ramirez had a ton of weight put on his shoulders this year. Of course, he is making 12 m.............

        This takes back nothing Ive said. I still think the Cubs need an enema and new blood. Most of all at leadership positions. Most of all manager and GM.
        still dont think its quite as bad as philly and their fans!

        Comment


        • #5
          I was watching the game last night, and it sure looked like Ramirez was hustling trying to break up the double play.

          Comment


          • #6
            You never look good when you are losing, particularly if you are not hitting.
            Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

            Comment


            • #7
              I think you effin' crazy. He hustles all the time, running out grounders, breaking up double plays and everything else.
              Last edited by Lipsander; 06-15-2006, 09:02 AM.

              Comment


              • #8
                How much "hustle" do you want from Aramis? The guy has bad wheels for years. How many hamstrings do you want him to pull or groin to tear? How many games do you want him to miss because he ran out a homer, or hustled for an attempted double? He is a slow bulky hitter who has shown that his legs will not take the strain of a full season. Expecting more "hustle" out of him is to want more Neifi Perez at third, and do you really want that?

                Comment


                • #9
                  You also have to understand. With Lee out of the lineup, pitchers will not give Aramis that many "good" pitches to hit. Aramis not being much of a person to take walks, wallah, his stats aren't great.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    It's not "hustle" as much as it is his careless attitude. I want to see him running the bases on HRs, not staring, etc.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Ubiquitous
                      How much "hustle" do you want from Aramis? The guy has bad wheels for years. How many hamstrings do you want him to pull or groin to tear? How many games do you want him to miss because he ran out a homer, or hustled for an attempted double? He is a slow bulky hitter who has shown that his legs will not take the strain of a full season. Expecting more "hustle" out of him is to want more Neifi Perez at third, and do you really want that?
                      He's 28yo. I question his off-season dedication to keeping in shape. I suspect he's on the Bobby Jenks fitness plan.
                      "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Whitesoxnut
                        He's 28yo. I question his off-season dedication to keeping in shape. I suspect he's on the Bobby Jenks fitness plan.

                        What you see is what you will get. He was the same for the Pirates and my guess he will be the same for the Cubs until he moves on to his next team, and there will be a next team, trust me.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by thecoach
                          What you see is what you will get. He was the same for the Pirates and my guess he will be the same for the Cubs until he moves on to his next team, and there will be a next team, trust me.
                          There won't be a next team for a while though. The Cubs have Ramirez locked up for a few years.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Whitesoxnut
                            He's 28yo. I question his off-season dedication to keeping in shape. I suspect he's on the Bobby Jenks fitness plan.
                            he's actually in better shape than the last coupla years. He's not in great shape, but he is in better shape.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              He is in shape. He is a bulky big player with fragile leg muscles. This isn't a question of eating too many Dorito's but about whether or not his body and legs can support the mass he has on them. Some people are just more fragile then others, some people just get to big or muscular for their frame.

                              I knew a guy who is 6ft 6 inches. Was also big, always a great athlete but he could never stay healthy and uninjured. Always breaking something or tearing something. We would do the exact same things and I could walk it off while he had to go to the hospital. I roll an ankle, tape it up and it is fine. He rolls an ankle and he tears his achilles. It would happen all the time even though he had a good a 6 inches on a ton more body mass and was a much greater athlete and in better shape I could endure more then he could.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X