Ramirez's Attitude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ubiquitous
    He is in shape. He is a bulky big player with fragile leg muscles. This isn't a question of eating too many Dorito's but about whether or not his body and legs can support the mass he has on them. Some people are just more fragile then others, some people just get to big or muscular for their frame.

I knew a guy who is 6ft 6 inches. Was also big, always a great athlete but he could never stay healthy and uninjured. Always breaking something or tearing something. We would do the exact same things and I could walk it off while he had to go to the hospital. I roll an ankle, tape it up and it is fine. He rolls an ankle and he tears his achilles. It would happen all the time even though he had a good a 6 inches on a ton more body mass and was a much greater athlete and in better shape I could endure more then he could.
    I have no idea how old you are, but I was very much like you as a young man, and little would stop me from playing. Now, I am an older person, and paying for the sins of my youth. So if you injure yourself listen to your body and don't just keep going forward just to be macho. :noidea

Comment

Originally posted by otis89
      There won't be a next team for a while though. The Cubs have Ramirez locked up for a few years.
      This does not mean that the Cubs will not grow tired of his act and trade him.

Comment

Originally posted by thecoach
        I have no idea how old you are, but I was very much like you as a young man, and little would stop me from playing. Now, I am an older person, and paying for the sins of my youth. So if you injure yourself listen to your body and don't just keep going forward just to be macho. :noidea
        I wasn't being macho. My first serious injury was a severe sprain of my ankle at 18, the next was a pulled back at 20. Before that I suffered from almost nothing that caused any long term pain. I didn't sprain my ankles, I didn't jam my fingers, never suffered a broken bone, never pulled a hamstring, literally nothing that didn't go away after an hour or two. It was my one atheletic quality that was above average. My ability to stay injury free.

Comment

Originally posted by Ubiquitous
          I wasn't being macho. My first serious injury was a severe sprain of my ankle at 18, the next was a pulled back at 20. Before that I suffered from almost nothing that caused any long term pain. I didn't sprain my ankles, I didn't jam my fingers, never suffered a broken bone, never pulled a hamstring, literally nothing that didn't go away after an hour or two. It was my one atheletic quality that was above average. My ability to stay injury free.
          My hope for you is that you stay injury free for your entire life. This is quite rare and you are very lucky!

Comment

Originally posted by otis89
            I was watching the game last night, and it sure looked like Ramirez was hustling trying to break up the double play.
            I know the exact play your talking about. Ramirez was busting his ass down the line and it looked like he might have been running too hard, and trying to extend too much. There was grimce in my face when he was approaching the first base bag as I was just waiting for him to pull up lame with a pulled hamstring.
            What a Batted Ball is Worth (in terms of a run):
            Line Drive: .356
            HBP: .342
            Non-Intentional Walk: .315
            Intentional Walk: .176
            Outfield Fly: .035
            Groundball: -.101
            Bunts: -.103
            Infield Fly: -.243
            Strikeout: -.287
            It's now officially Doctor Bob Sacamento, D.C., C.S.C.S., and working on my D.A.B.C.O. (Diplomate American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedics)

Comment

Cubs Will turn this season around. GUARANTEED.

Heres My theory,
              When Derrek Lee and Prior get back Rusch will not have a spot as a starter(Thank God). Hopefully this should kind of bring them back to life and they will hustle on every ground ball. You have to remember that the only difference between now and the first 20 games of the season is that the Cubs were playing great until DLee got hurt. Once he gets back and once Prior gets back they will start husteling and that spark they had will be back. I know they will start playing better and Aramis will see some better pitches soon.
              DLEE FOR MVP
              Can you say S O R I A N O !!!

Comment

I don't want to play the part of Debbie Downer, but the Cubs have never finished above .500 in a season in which they were more than 10 games below .500 at any point.

Not saying they won't, but it would take a complete turnaround to get this team back on the right track.
                A lot of people say this honor validates my career, but I didn't work hard for validation. I didn't play the game right because I saw a reward at the end of the tunnel. I played it right because that's what you're supposed to do, play it right and with respect. If this validates anything, it's that learning how to bunt and hit and run and turning two is more important than knowing where to find the little red light at the dug out camera. - Ryne Sandberg

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X